Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Last Picture Show Men (BBC Radio 4).

Author Topic: The Last Picture Show Men (BBC Radio 4).
Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 08:26 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Last Picture Show Men" (29 minutes)

BBC RADIO 4.

Q: Is there a way of posting an audio file?

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-08-2005 09:50 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not at all bad, I thought. It was the right decision to let the projectionists do the talking - I feared that they might pull in one of the usual rentaquote 'experts' to pretend to know about technology, but the producers very wisely didn't go there. They could have updated the story a bit to include a section on what working in a modern multiplex is like, but overall I was pleasantly surprised.

If you want to save anything offline from BBC Listen Again, the easiest way is to record the 'wave out' channel using a simple wave editor program (the one which is thrown in with Nero works fine) while the streamed audio is playing. You probably don't need to, though - Radio 4 output seems to be archived online indefnitely. I've looked for things that were broadcast years ago and found them without any problem.

Dick Prather
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 03:11 PM      Profile for Dick Prather   Email Dick Prather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was great. It really explains the feelings one had while working in the booth. Thanks for letting us know about it.
Dick

Gerard S. Cohen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2005 07:03 PM      Profile for Gerard S. Cohen   Email Gerard S. Cohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Unsung heroes of motion pictures" indeed!
That was fun, and the website well worth a return.
Radio as it once was--Though without images, the dialog and sound effects enabled me to see everything in my mind's eye. Now
I know what our UK film-techers' voices must sound like. I had a hard time understanding Mary though, but caught on by the time of her moving meeting with David Lean.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 10-09-2005 07:09 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Bernard Tonks
Q: Is there a way of posting an audio file?
Depends on the size. If it's not over 25MB, you could upload it to putfile.com and link to it there for download. Or is that not allowed. I'm not sure - Feel free to slap me upside the head.

Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-10-2005 08:54 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link David, which could be useful if allowed here?

I have just found another secure free website yousendit.com which would be able to forward large audio files upto 1MB to Film-Tech for Brad to download if agreeable to insert into a New Topic.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: