Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Proof Harrison Ford is only 4 feet tall:

Author Topic: Proof Harrison Ford is only 4 feet tall:
Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 03:57 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One need only to watch "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for blatant proof of Harrison Ford's real height of about 4 feet tall. Here's the proof:

The headpiece to the staff of Ra indicates on one side the height of the staff shall be "six kadam high" or in our terms as:

-

That means a "kadam" is pretty much equal to a foot. Now the kicker:

-

So now we are down to 5 kadam/feet tall for the staff height (60 inches roughly). Look below:

-

Notice the staff is at least a foot taller than Dr. Jones. PROOF beyond all doubt Harrison Ford is only a mere 4 feet tall! I noticed this more than 2 decades ago.

[Big Grin]

[ 10-08-2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Wolff King Morrow ]

|  IP: Logged

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-06-2005 07:23 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL!! Oh, that's great!! I never made that connection.

Good catch! [Big Grin]

Something I did wonder about, though. After 2,000 + yrs. and the sun crosses the exact same place in the sky, to hit a pinpoint opening/crystal at an exact angle? I'd think that would've been off enough to miss the mark (on the mapfloor) by a mile.

But, on the other hand, I say what the hell and just play along..

Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 01:08 PM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot accept your evidence unless it is verified that I'm watching the correct aspect ratio, which would also require the correct anamorphic squeeze or stretch. [Wink]

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-06-2005 01:51 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My artistic license is not valid in Texas (or in other states where taxed, spindled or mutilated.) Louis

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-06-2005 02:08 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Tom Cruise must be 2 1/2 feet tall [Razz]
Anybody have an apple box?

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-06-2005 02:32 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, Greg, I was restricted by Film-Tech's horizontal image size limit, so I had to crop or the images would have been too small to see the detail I wanted.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-06-2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But even the widest image up there is only 495 pixels.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-06-2005 10:31 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not true, have seen him in person in Jackson, WY, He's alot taller than I. Mel Gibson is indeed short though about 5'2" which is considerably shorter than my 5'6" frame. When I first saw Mel during the dailies for Payback I had to do a double take but it was definately the Melster.....

Mark

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2005 12:39 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
?
Harrison Ford died in 1957.

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-07-2005 03:42 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, since I couldn't have the 850 or so needed for the full aspect ratio, I just cropped to whatever I needed from the image. Using all 550 seemed pointless.

Mark, with Mr. Ford being only 4 feet tall and yet taller than you, I figure that puts you in the 3 foot-something range. [Wink]

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2005 11:38 AM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good grief come on guys, it’s only a film, I just play along with it and it’s fantastic fun, but then again well spotted.

Dr Wolff Jones…..LOL

Hang on a second “-Size matters not-” hehehehe

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 10-08-2005 03:45 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Wolff King Morrow
Mark, with Mr. Ford being only 4 feet tall and yet taller than you, I figure that puts you in the 3 foot-something range.
That is true. I met Mark last year at ShoWest. He was indeed only about 3 feet or so short. Everyone was really nasty to him and kept pushing him, so I picked him up and set him down safely on the table. We have been friends since. He doesn't like it though when you refer to his size.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 10-09-2005 11:44 AM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Micheal you forgot to tell them that the table was actually a Kinoton platter....the shoes he was wearing from Steve Guttag left no scuff marks [Razz]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 10-10-2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, So I am only 3'2" tall but what Michael and Richard failed to mention after I was scuffled around the room by other taller Film-Techers was that he set me right in the center of Guttags special cheese plate... stinky feet and all..... Guttags shoes very definately do not prevent foot odor!!

Here Aaron is seen re-arranging the now stinky cheese plate just before Guttags arrival...... Perhaps the ole foot fungus added some sharp flavor to that plate.... I hope you washed your hands after touching that stuff Aaron!

-

Mark

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 10-11-2005 01:03 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..yea, Mark has to "tippy-toe" when he rides his Harley-Davidson - kinda like me when I ride mine...(lol)

Damn those 3.5 foot people..

-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: