Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Saw BTTF This weekend

Author Topic: Saw BTTF This weekend
Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 09:20 AM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw a thing of beauty this weekend :-). The historic theatre i'm working at played Back to the Future this weekend :-). That movie was great on the big screen.

|  IP: Logged

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 03:10 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, I'm envious! I'd love to watch all three back to back some time. What a great trillogy.

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 05:11 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the trilogy back-to-back-to-back on May 24, 1990, the day before "Part III" was released. I'm sure many of you remember this event, which was held in a handful of cities across the country. I attended the screening at the GCC Avco in Westwood Village, CA. Number 86 in line (first 100 received a souvenir T-shirt boasting that you saw the future back-to-back-to-back)... 1,200-seat auditorium... THX... 70mm... Audience full of die-hard fans... The works... Needless to say, this was perhaps the best six hours I ever spent at the movies! It sure beat the hell out of sitting through the five-movie "Rocky-thon" I made the mistake of attending later that year.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-02-2005 09:05 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rocky-thon would be OK if it ended with "III" which was pretty good. After that he became a badly-acted cariacture.

BTTF - Great series of films. The first is one of my all time favorites. The other two -- worthy sequels, but not up to the first one. One of the better trilogies out there, for sure.

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2005 11:42 AM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few buddies and myself tried to watch all of the Star Trek movies back-to-back. We watched Wrath of Khan, (rented for a friends birthday), and Nemesis on the big screen and the rest on DVD. I learned two things from this adventure, 1) Star Trek V is as bad as I remembered it and 2)Making Romulan Ale out of blue food coloring and vodka only leads to vomiting!

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2005 04:50 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FYI - The El Capitan in Hollywood will be playing Nightmare Before Christmas towards the end of October.. My guess is that it is a new print.

Michael Coate
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2005 06:17 PM      Profile for Michael Coate   Email Michael Coate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, that sure is related to a discussion of "Back To The Future." [Roll Eyes]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 10-06-2005 07:52 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Cody Martin
played Back to the Future this weekend :-). That movie was great on the big screen.
It's a good show. Very first TAP alignment I ever did was for that picture, in Austin, TX.

Some great memories.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 10-06-2005 02:00 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, I remember it well: I installed a brand new CP-200/MPU for that picture in Milan IL at the original Showcase Cinemas. Louis

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: