Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Virtual-Cinema / Virtual-Ticket

Author Topic: Virtual-Cinema / Virtual-Ticket
Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2005 11:31 AM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys,

I was just woundering if anyone has heard of the Virtual-Cinema / Virtual-Ticket system?

http://cinema.virtual-ticket.de/

If you have what do you think of it?, Or can you recommend any other good system that can do the same kinda thing?, Within the next few years im planning on opening my own multiplex cinema and im looking for the software that most cinemas use to print movie tickets etc

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Amanda Jones
Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 02:09 AM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We use Splyce at my theater and it works well for ticketing. You can check them out at splyce.com

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 03:41 AM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link,

It looks good [Smile]

Amanda Jones
Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2005 11:37 AM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is also radiant. I've never worked on the system from a management standpoint but for point of sale on concession and box office it is good. I prefer the layout on radiant as opposed to splyce. Radiant also has touch screen for the concession where Spylce doesn't.

http://www.radiantsystems.com/

Another plus to Splyce is if you are planning on doing online ticketing. When we put in our weekly show schedule into our computer and process at the end of the night it automatically updates to fandango. [Big Grin]

Just keep in mind that support for both of these is hard to get a hold of. You call support and place an intial call and then they will contact a service guy who will call you back to help trouble shoot the problem.

The cool thing is that they will be able to dial into your computer to help fix the problem. Our guy especially likes to do that at midnight or later because he is pissed that he was awoken out of bed so instead of telling us how to fix the problem in case it happens in the future he just fixes it for us, sometimes without calling to tell us it has been fixed.

Jamie Glossop
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2005 01:26 PM      Profile for Jamie Glossop   Author's Homepage   Email Jamie Glossop   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds good, Safes the work, [Big Grin]

Thanks for the link, Just checked it out, It looks good,

It is good for them to be able to dial into the comp to be able to fix it, I like that idea [Smile]

Amanda Jones
Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2005 01:28 PM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it is a good idea but they never call you back and tell you it has been fixed which is rather annoying late at night when you are waiting for the problem to be fixed so that you can go home.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: