Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What cool theater snipes and policy trailers have you collected?

Author Topic: What cool theater snipes and policy trailers have you collected?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-23-2005 03:30 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Among the super theater dorks out there are reels of retired policy trailers and various coming soon, intermission and other snipes. What are some of your favorite ones you have in your collection?

Somewhere around here I have a 70s era GCC policy with the animated projector. AMC Midnight Movie Express is also a fun one, as are the really old UA trailers. Of course when I want to torment someone, nothing beats good ol' vintage Front Roe Joe singing his tail off! [Razz]

Aaron Sisemore probably has the best one ever, a "no masturbating" trailer. What have you got?

|  IP: Logged

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2005 04:44 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is considered "cool" but I have the old Regal "Pepsi Girl" trailer.

"MMMMM Tastes mighty fine!"

E

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-23-2005 06:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any. I used to, but I misplaced them somewhere in Dallas. [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-23-2005 12:27 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two of the Pepsi trailers that start out with a guy yelling, "HEY, SON OF A GUN, IT'S REFRESHMENT TIME!" They have the same animation but different music. They're true 70s relics, so they're cool to me at least.

We've bought dozens of dates and policy trailers over the years from Cinema Concepts and Filmack and NSS, and I still have pretty much all of them. I've got a couple of reels full of old trailers and stuff with those snipes inbetween the trailers. They're kind of fun to watch (and laugh at).

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-23-2005 12:33 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Mike... yes, those Peter Maxx-inspired Pepsi trailers ARE cool. Know them well. I've seen at least three (maybe four) different versions. Like you say, the animation's the same, just different music tracks - whatever the current campaign was at the moment. They got a lot of miles out of that trailer, for sure. [Smile]

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2005 01:12 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got the Married with Children Will Rogers Fund tag, that's great, if you're a fan (which I am). I also have 2 of the UA policy trailers with Chevy Chase (hilarious) and Richard Lewis, great stuff.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2005 07:23 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have the Muppets / Loews Cineplex (hmm, might've been Cineplex Odeon at the time) trailer. I'd have to dig around to find it though.

Like Edwin, I have the Regal Pepsi Girl one too, I figured if SO many people hated it, it'd be worth hanging on to at least one of them.

Of course there's that Britney Spears Pepsi add too.

Bruce Hansen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2005 07:25 PM      Profile for Bruce Hansen   Email Bruce Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a trailer that asks people to oppose pay TV, I guess the industry was worried that pay TV would cut into their profits. I think that it is ironic that, with the installation of DLP, theaters are now becoming pay TV.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-23-2005 10:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the Michael Jackson Pepsi ad -- the one where his hair caught fire when they were making it.

There was also a Pepsi ad that was almost like a music video -- it was called "Let's Go to the Movies" and featured a nerdy kid who had no date to the show, and everyone was teasing him about it, but then when they're in the movie theatre, this girl (on-screen) rides up on a motorcycle, steps out of the screen, shines a light on the kid, picks him up and puts him on the stage with her, then he gets on the bike with her and they ride off into the movie screen sunset, presumably to have some killer sex.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-24-2005 05:10 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One advantage of working in a 2buck house is that the prints from both depots never get checked. Thus I pull policy tags from quite a few circuits from all over the US - like CineMark, Carmike, AMC, Army Ads, Will Rogers BS, Century, and almost what have you. Let along a can with one side full of used trailers, old movie schedules, advertising that gets plopped in the cans, et.al. ...

"Booth Clowns" are doing their job, eh? (LOL)

-Monte
-Monte

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 09-25-2005 12:49 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The '70s era GCC snipe was indeed a classic and quite identifiable for GCC in picture and sound.

I have one from Crown theatres that is affectionately known as the "Dancing Lion"...probably one of the stupidest policy trailers to ever be made. It actually has the Lion dancing on the seats and other distructive acts...just what is the message here? It was done to the tune of "I'm Working My Way Back To You Babe".

I believe Crown has gone back to their "Spaceship" policy snipe...perhaps with some updates.

Somewhere I think I have the Spiderman trailer that has the twin-towers in it (it was recalled shortly after it was issued once the towers went down).

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-25-2005 04:33 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a 1985 Will Rogers trailer....in 70mm.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: