Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Hurrican Rita (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Hurrican Rita
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-20-2005 08:34 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the sake of the people in Louisiana who have been through enough, I'm hoping it comes this way. Our coastline is more equipped to handle the surge anyway. And anyone who doesn't leave after seeing the damage a hurricane can do, is basically asking for it. Keeping an eye out.. [eyes]

-

|  IP: Logged

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2005 09:17 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'ts been a while since I've posted, but I thought I'd stop in.
Most of Houston should be ok (mostly heavy wind and rain), but I live in Pasadena which is on the Southeast side and pretty close to water.

My girlfriend and her family and I are taking off today sometime.
We are heading out to Opelousas, LA where they have family.
By looking at a map looks to be maybe a little closer to the coast line than Houston, but not in the path of the storm.
In the unlikely event that the storm takes a turn to the East, we've got I-49 to the North.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-21-2005 10:30 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a safe trip James.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2005 10:37 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You too.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 09-21-2005 11:55 AM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to both of you guys. ...and everyone else in the area. You're in our prayers.

Keep us posted.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-21-2005 12:22 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys. I'll post as soon as possible. I'll be in town for another day at least.

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2005 12:41 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My brother was freaking out and saying we should evac, but I saw on the weather news that Dallas is far enough north to be safe from hurricane-level damage.

The real concern for us according to the news is that Dallas is already hosting evacuees from Katrina and that the influx of Rita evacuees may be more than the city can handle.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 09-21-2005 12:42 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck folks. This must be all you guys need, especially the Katrina evacuees who are staying in Texas.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw a news clip on CBS I think,I am in Boston at the moment, where upwards of 7,000 New Orleans residents who were evacuated to Texas are now having a second move to Arkansas.

We're keeping our fingers crossed for you guys

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-21-2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard this from a friend. A friend of his is trying to get out of Houston, and he has been by 10 gas stations so far and all of them are out of gas. He says the highways are parking lots and everyone is trying to get out and head north that it's already turning into one big clusterfuck.

It will probably only get worse as more people see others fleeing.

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-21-2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's now a Category 5

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 09-21-2005 03:54 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those that haven't seen this yet, Rita has intensified to a class 5 hurricane with 165 mph sustained winds, and it its pressure is increasing.

There are some at the national weather service that say that if this continues when it hits land, it will be the strongest storm ever to hit this country, and depending on where it hits, it could be catastrophic.

My prayers are with everyone in it's path.

May god be with you all.

Ciao

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-21-2005 04:10 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still here, and probably will be till the morning. Looks like I'm right in the center of the path, at least right now. We're in a tough situation here. If we head south and the storm heads south, we have to pick up and go west again. If we go north, we get to deal with possible tornadoes spawned off by the storm. We'll probably go south.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 09-21-2005 04:47 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish you all God's speed. Please move out as soon as you can and try to take some water and supplies to last a few days.

Good luck to all.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-21-2005 05:14 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Wolff King Morrow
My brother was freaking out and saying we should evac, but I saw on the weather news that Dallas is far enough north to be safe from hurricane-level damage.
Yes. But not far enough away to escape damage from other storm related factors...such as tornadoes. The National Weather Service issued an advisory for our region, stating if Rita stays on its most likely storm track North Texas and much of Oklahoma can expect heavy rains, severe thunderstorms and the possibility of tornadoes. The severity depends on whether you're on the east or west side of the storm. I'm sure we'll be alright here in Lawton since it may only get rain from the west side of what remains of Rita. The Dallas Fort Worth area looks like it may have to contend with a lot more of Rita's remnants.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: