Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Myspace (Page 1)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Author Topic: Myspace
Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 05:04 AM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many people here might have one of these, and I was just courious who did and didn't. I just recently aquired one, and it can me seen at www.myspace.com/filmhandler

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 09-01-2005 05:39 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice idea except that I can barely read the white type on my LCD computer monitor. You may want to consider making it a bit more readable... unless of course there is stuff there that you don't want us to read..... [Eek!]

Mark

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-01-2005 07:41 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got 2 of those thingys.... sort of annoying at times but its alright for networking.

For my music:
http://myspace.com/jenniferpan

Personal myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/panjenn

Honestly, not to rag on anyone who does spice up their Myspace page but its sort of annoying how those can be. I know it personalizes it and what not but for people who have ghetto computers or want to actually read someone's profile its better to have it simple as possible. I keep coming across pages that require a plug in or has some video playing or something slowing down the loading... so yeah... I'm just not a fan of it.

There are a lot of times when certain peoples pages are not accessible for some reason or other. Its a nice idea and all... But definitely something needs to be fixed when pretty much every other day the site is either down or peoples pages are going under some maintenance fiasco.

And the way people message on there.... its as if they copy and paste their message and send them out to everyone. Or people will try to add me as their friend when I don't even know them.

Carey Barber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 09:11 AM      Profile for Carey Barber   Email Carey Barber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its kinda funny because I had never heard of 'My Space' until recently and that is because a lot of the kids here at the theater have a my space account. In fact, they have an area devoted to AMC employees.

Unfortunately, a large portion of this space is devoted to talking bad about others. Both managers and other employees come under attack.

It seems that the particularly evil posts are from the teenage girls talking about other girls. [Roll Eyes] The managers are (usually) mature enough not to care too much about what these kids are saying but it does cause some strife among the employees.

This is mostly just an annoyance, but there have been some situations where a post bordered on a threat (i.e. "I wanna kick BLANK's ass"). Also, these kids are pretty stupid to write some of the things that they do, as if no one would see it.

Also, I cannot even fathom the desire to make all sorts of my personal information available to strangers. (I know this forum does that to some degree, but not like what is going on at My Space.)

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 12:49 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have one, but TWO-TONE does,

http://www.myspace.com/twotone101

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 09-01-2005 01:05 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Access to both of yalls sites are denied from my work computer. I'm assuming there is some bad bad things past those links. I'll check them out as soon as I get home! [Big Grin]

Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 01:26 PM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.myspace.com/lehrke
Friend me up [Smile]

In case anyone cares:

quote: News Corp.'s $580m for MySpace not good enough
Not so fast, Rupert Murdoch. His $580 million takeover of MySpace parent Intermix is being met with plenty of opposition from his bought out shareholders.

Apparently for some, $580 million wasn't good enough. They wanted $1 billion and have filed suit against Intermix claiming they shafted shareholders with the quick deal by undervaluing MySpace.

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 03:15 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mine, i hope.

myspace, at first, was SUPER addictive to me. but now it's kind of boring. wait, who am i kidding, it's still additctive [Smile]

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 09-01-2005 04:27 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it, exactly? An easy-homepage kinda thing?

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 09-01-2005 05:17 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
MySpace personal http://www.myspace.com/brimiwei

MySpace music http://www.myspace.com/bri

Yep, it's just an easy-homepage kind of thing. Add 10,000 different kinds of ways of leaving a message for someone, or a group of people.

I still don't know why it's so "addictive". I mean, I log on every day, but it's just to "check my messages", no different than my main e-mail account. If ANYTHING has been left for you, a comment on a picture, your blog, your main page; a new blog by someone you subscribe to, a new invitation, a new message, etc., then a nice red, boldface tag tells you. Oh, there's instant messaging, and forum threads, and groups to join, and games. If nothing's new, you log off. WHAT'S SO ADDICTIVE?

With a "band" account, you can upload your songs and people can stream them, comment on them, rank them, request you as a friend because of them ... what's so addictive about that?

Apparently, NO ONE visits their own homepage; or at least no one has ever taken Basic Webdesign 101. I haven't seen so many background-image/text-color contrast issues since 1995! It's really easy ... REDUCE the contrast on your background, and then make sure your text is on the OTHER end of the luminosity scale! Simple!

Auto-playing videos are annoying, only because I tend to have my OWN media player playing music, and multiple browser windows open, and the videos are nested somewhere in the HUGE column of friend comments. "ACK, where's that COLDPLAY coming from!?!"

quote: Carey Barber
Unfortunately, a large portion of this space is devoted to talking bad about others.
I've NEVER personally seen this on MySpace. But then, I avoid the groups and forums, which is where I assume this happens. Oh, and I don't tend to add 16-18 year olds as friends (not that I get "requests" to be their friends, but still).

I must go. I have to log back on to see if I have any comments on my new pictures yet! None? Oh, well, I'll check again in an hour. Addictive? [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink] [thumbsup]

-

Sorry for the long post. It's not like I care much about MySpace. I'M NOT ADDICTED! [Cool]

Mike Williams
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2005 06:44 PM      Profile for Mike Williams   Email Mike Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is pretty cool. I have traded emails with a few people I haven't seen since high school....
My profile can be seen here.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 09-01-2005 06:54 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian, that picture is hilarious yet awesome at the same time [thumbsup] ... because I see those type of pictures pretty much ALL the time. I should take one just like that and put it on my Myspace for kicks.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 09-02-2005 12:30 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jen. [Big Grin] That's a nice Sony Cybershot 3.2 megapixel camera, but I noised it up just enough to look like a medium grade webcam. It was the effect I was going for. You wouldn't believe how many "takes" it takes to look PRECISELY like something everyone does without even thinking about it. Okay, so the world now knows ... that was staged! [Razz]

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2005 01:18 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my myspace

feel free to add me, or not, whatever... I'm, uh... not addicted either [Embarrassed]

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 09-03-2005 04:31 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..interesting site, but the wham of it all is that musiccodes site. Great collection of music videos assembled here.

-Monte

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: