Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Whos Your favorite TV Judge? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Whos Your favorite TV Judge?
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-13-2005 01:58 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I was recovering from my surgery I was amused by the many TV court shows. Some of the shows are beyond stupid such as "Divorce Court".... for instance one black husband was divorcing his wife for eating too much candy..... almost 200.00 a weeks worth [puke] !

But the coolest judge IMHO has got to be Judge Joe Brown... this is a guy that can hear any type of case and he keeps his cool and gives the folks on trial some good advice in a nice way. Joe Brown just seems like a fair guy to me.....

Years ago an ex-employer of mine was on Judge Wappners show... After watching the precedings I thought he deserved to loose..... and he did [Big Grin] .

Anyway if any of you watch these stupid shows(I rarely do now) whos your favorite judge?

Mark

|  IP: Logged

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-13-2005 02:05 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't watch those shows unless I am beyond bored, the only one I ever do watch is Judge Joe Brown.

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 02:17 PM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In earlier days I watched those judge shows too. But now they are really that stupid that it is not worth seeing it. My favourite judges were Barbara Salesch & Alexander Hold (Note: Those judges are from a German TV station not from a US one).

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-13-2005 02:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Judge Judy is a bitch and shouldn't even be able to practice law in any form. Her attitude and scolding towards the people involved in the case is offensive and she is far from fair.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-13-2005 02:53 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree, Brad... what an arrogant old bitch!

As others have mentioned, I also like Judge Brown and the lady judge on "Peoples Court".

Robert Harrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 04:11 PM      Profile for Robert Harrison   Email Robert Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of my favorites include Judge Reinhold, Judge Dredd and Judge Roy Bean.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 04:12 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, Judge Marilyn of the People Court. She's pretty good but my favorite is Judge Joe Brown.
I love when he summarizes the case and makes somebody look like a moron. Priceless...

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 04:49 PM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
Judge Judy is a bitch and shouldn't even be able to practice law in any form. Her attitude and scolding towards the people involved in the case is offensive and she is far from fair.

Which is exactly why I LIKE her show. Stupid liars and jerks get told off, which is refreshing compared to the "real" court system where the guilty are found not guilty.

BTW An old friend of my dad's that I knew most of my childhood once appeared on Divorce Court. Everything the wife said about him was absolutely true from my own first-hand knowledge of the guy (child abuse, wellfair fraud, etc.), yet the judge didn't buy it and ruled in favor of him. I was thinking "Well there's a case where the bad guy won..."

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 08-13-2005 06:47 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Judge Judy the best. She takes no crap from anyone. The best is when some dork gets in there and THINKS he's going to be able to get the best of her and of course is never successful.

As for her being fair -- you have to remember she's read all the paperwork in the complaints and the answers before she meets the litigants. So she might already have some idea of her decision in mind before she takes the bench, and in a lot of cases only needs to talk to the people so she can decipher which story makes more sense -- or to confirm or clarify details. (A judge told me that.)

I used to enjoy Judge Wapner on The People's Court. He more recently had a similar show on Animal Planet where all the cases involved animals, but it was (as you can imagine) boring.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-13-2005 06:50 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never put enough thought into it to consider that Judge Bitch had previously gone over the case, but still, some of the things she does in the courtroom are terribly unprofessional behavior. It gives the legal system a lousy image on tv.

Robert Harrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 06:52 PM      Profile for Robert Harrison   Email Robert Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Mike,

I saw some of those Animal Planet shows. My favorite was the one where the weasel sued the monkey for chasing him around the mulberry bush.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 07:05 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Judge Judy is wonderful.. Actually, she got that show because of her reputation when she was a family court Judge in NY. You try to BS her or lie to her, you get pounced on. You are honest and take resposibility for your actions, she is much nicer..

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 07:20 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like judge Larry Joe on Texas Justice.

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 08-14-2005 09:10 AM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching eye for an eye Extreme Akim last night. What the Crap? There is no way that can be real. Judge Judy rules, I want to marry her some day.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-14-2005 09:22 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My choice to share my Martini's with would be:

1. Judge Judy (Judy Rules) [thumbsup]

2. Judge Marilyn Millyan (Peoples Court) [beer]

3. Judge Larry Joe Brown - Texas Justice [Cool]

4. Judge Mathis - He was a bad kid. Now a Judge. [Eek!]

[ 08-16-2005, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: