Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How about a way to memorialize our past FILM-TECH members?

Author Topic: How about a way to memorialize our past FILM-TECH members?
Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 10:33 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking last night (sometimes i do silly things like that) and was wondering how we could memorialize our past FILM-TECH members who have died, and I came up with the idea of how about a Guest Book type of thing like they have on Legacy.com where people write (hopefully) nice things about the person who is listed there..I even came up with a name for it, How about "Who the Heck WERE you?..A special guest book to remember our past FILM-TECH friends"
I would even help get it started if need be..Anyone like the idea?

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 11:56 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great idea to me. Shall I be the first to croak?

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 12:00 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Floyd Justin Newton
Sounds like a great idea to me. Shall I be the first to croak?
well, let's set it up first, then you can be the first to croak, OK?

Paul Goulet

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 08-13-2005 02:47 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That would need to be set up as a separate forum so everyone's comments did not get jumbled together. I will give it some consideration.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 04:15 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bad idea at all.
I was thinking something along the lines of a tastefully prepared FT shirt with names on the back or something perhaps?
A commerative item available only once every 2 years perhaps?
Just talkin' here...Good idea though.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 04:20 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many film tech members have died anyway? I'm only aware of Paul. And I'm talking about regulars, not a lurker.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 08-13-2005 04:40 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I agree with Mike.

Of course though, when I'm dead and rotting in my grave, I *MAY* feel different. [uhoh]

At any rate, the suggested thread/forum title sounds more like something for those that are retired, fired, or laid-off.

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 08-13-2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
for those that are retired, fired, or laid-off.
or BANNED!!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 08-13-2005 05:53 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David would be the most recent to have passed away.

Hopefully, it would not be that "popular" a place...just a memorium.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-13-2005 09:11 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly a PAGE OF HONOR or just an IN MEMORIAM page with pictures and a brief text. Possibly someone who knew that person exceptionally well could write something. I don't think it should be open to public posting.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-13-2005 09:38 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree with Marks idea. Its simple and would be a nice thig to have. I nominate Madame Rachel to write Pauls Memorium.

Mark

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-13-2005 10:25 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa... I think Josh would be better suited for that. Or maybe different members that knew the person could all add something.

Andrew Duggan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-16-2005 12:01 AM      Profile for Andrew Duggan   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew Duggan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I've been away from the forum for quite a while (nearly a year, jesus!) and I wasn't aware that Paul had passed until just now, reading this. That's very sad. His quick help with a problem I had first posted on here when I was new was one of the things that really made me begin to use this site as a learning resource.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: