Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Beer Is Good for you

Author Topic: Beer Is Good for you
Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-04-2005 09:02 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click here: http://www.brackenspub.com/beer.swf

|  IP: Logged

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 08-04-2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a pity you're not in London this week Bob; It's the Great British Beer Festival. web page

You can see the scale of the thing from some of the photos. Sadly, it's the last year at this venue, and I don't like the place it's moving to.

They do serve some Amercan beers in the international section, bottled ones rom the smaller brewers, but no Budweiser as far as I know.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2005 01:07 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet the American beer section of that festival is the least visited one... [puke] , lol.

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2005 01:16 PM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess there will be Belgian beers on this festival too.
For beer-lovers (like me), Belgium is a real paradise! A lot of different beer specialities are brewed there (maybe someone knows "Rodenbach" which is my absolute favourite?).

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 08-04-2005 02:28 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike, there isn't an American section as such, but an international section, known as 'Bières sans Frontières'. This is only a small part of the festival, but you will still find maybe fifty or a hundred people queuing up at this bar. How many of them are buying American beers is difficult to say, but some of the American beers from the smaller brewers are highly regarded. The 'B' stuff tends not to be. There are probably something like twenty American beers available. The programme for this years festival says:

"We've always been proud of our achievements with beer from North America. Did you know that CAMRA hosts the longest running American Real Ale Festival? The craft brewers of North America contince to push boundries and produce beer of real dept hand complexity"

CAMRA (The Campaign for Real Ale) are the organisers of the festival.

Acording to the web site there are about 450 different British Beers on offer, It doesn't say how many foreign ones, but there are long lists hanging up, maybe another hundred, then there must be something like 70 ciders and perries, Plus books, t-shirts etc., and lots of food. I don't normally drink beer, but I do go every year.

Last year there were about 46,000 visitors over the five days.

Dieter, yes there are plenty of Belgian beers, and Czech ones of course, plus many other countries.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: