Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » 36 years ago today man landed upon the moon... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 36 years ago today man landed upon the moon...
Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Today is a momentum in the historical first moon landing, July 20th 1969 Neil A. Armstrong, Commander;
Edwin E. Aldrin, Lunar Module Pilot; Michael Collins, Command Module Pilot
36 years ago, though I was only 2 years old at that time, and it’s kind of affected me and the excitement of it all those mighty Saturn V rockets lunching of pad 39A.

On a journey of exploration and science too, the adventure of a life time and for each crewmen there only be going there once and never again.

Making the best of each mission a successful one and gathering vital data, that will studied later back on earth, the mysteries surround are own orbiting satellite that we call the moon, as man as gazed since the dawn of existence.

So with other wondrous parts in the vast unknown universe, and dozens of interstellar probes like Pioneer and Voyage series exploring the great mysteries and someday man will travel with newer types of rocket propulsion, like Iron power or maybe something totally new that as eluded man, light-speed….

Man must explore…

Magnificent desolation…..

Buzz Aldrin jr-Apollo 11

http://www.fairmile.fsbusiness.co.uk/lmdetails.htm

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Li...vonbraun_4.html

http://www.astronomy.org/programs/moon.html

|  IP: Logged

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 04:48 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I was watching all of the moon landings on our then-new 1969 model Motorola color TV. Has it really been 36 years? Sheesh!

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 04:53 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anybody give an update as to whats going on with the manned mission to Mars or perhaps another return to the moon? I know Mark Gulbrandsen is our resident scholar here on NASA issues.

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 05:29 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Hear you go guys this I have found at NASA.com there still doing tests, I like that word testing…

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/status.html

I don’t think will see a manned landing on mars for a long time, the way that man went to the moon before committing himself for a lunar landing very risky.

So who’ “Mark Gulbrandsen” is he a projectionist as well, and like me I to look at the night sky and wonder as I look though the reflector telescope, mars will be close to the earth in August 2005, and it better be clear sky’s all around or I’ll scream….

So hear is a little NASA information

Hay Bruce, how long have you been interested in this, as for me since birth, its close to the Apollo 1 accident January 27th 1967 and I was born 21st February 1967, there is no link with the dates but strange that I like the space program….

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/lunar/apollo1info.html

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-20-2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NASA can't even get anything off the ground, so you won't be seeing anything for a long time. It's pretty embarrassing

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-20-2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's not really any need to go to the moon again. Been there, done that.

I remember that 1969 night like it was yesterday. My family was getting ready to leave on vacation and I was glued to our 12" b&w kitchen TV set, watching the moon landing and not helping carry luggage out.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 11:31 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could always buy into one of the conspiracy theories that say that the lunar landing was a setup ...

[Roll Eyes]

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-21-2005 12:57 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the moon will make a great base for routinely jumping to the rest of the solar system, since it will eventually provide both the raw materials for ship construction and fueling, and a much less deep gravity well to climb out of. We will go there again some day. We have to, assuming we want to see the rest of our system up close and personal.

Definitely remember that summer day well. We listened to the live broadcast on the car radio that afternoon, and of course I was glued to the TV (a 27" B&W Packard Bell console) as soon as we got home.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-21-2005 12:20 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The week of the first manned landing on the moon, I was showing a mag-striped 35mm print of "2001 - A Space Odyssey" to packed lots at the Grandview Drive-In in Angola, NY. We played it in stereo, mixed down to two channels for in-car listening.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 07-21-2005 12:33 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Edmonton Canada - Klondike Days Festival - as a stage electrician for a musical revue. The day of the moon landing the average daily festival crowds of 30,000 dropped to zero; we huddled around a travel worn t.v. in the lead performer's dressing room trailer for the "event". [Cool]

[ 07-21-2005, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Richard Fowler ]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 07-21-2005 12:45 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No way...

We landed on the moon!!!

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 07-21-2005 01:09 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw yesterday in The Star or some other grocery-lane tabloid that the moon is about to explode! Now that would be some great publicity for Chicken Little.

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2005 01:24 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no, no you data is incorrect, I’ve read that same paper they say a small asteroid is going to hit the moon at an angle, thus sending it into the Bournemouth Sheridan IMAX cinema knocking total off the map, the waste of time cinema….

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2005 07:57 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"36 years ago today man landed upon the moon"...

18 years ago today (the 20th), Andrew McCrea was born, and is now legal in his province! [Wink]

Andy Summers
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-21-2005 08:02 PM      Profile for Andy Summers         Edit/Delete Post 
Andrew

Congratulations enjoy drinking if you like that…

And other things that surrounds us in this civilisation.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: