Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Trailers needed (read the rules on page 1) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Trailers needed (read the rules on page 1)
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-15-2005 03:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This has been requested a few times and I am going to TRY this for awhile. Depending on how people behave will depend on if this thread is permitted to live on or gets deleted.

If you are a theater who needs a specific trailer or two, you may post your request here. There are rules to this however...

• This is NOT for mainstream first run use. This is for theaters who are not playing the films on the nationwide break and art houses to be able to get trailers to promote their upcoming product. If you are a first run theater, the studios should have no problem getting you what you need. As a result, if you are a sub run theater and will be playing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in 2 weeks, today is the opening day for this film, so today would be the first available date I will permit you to post a note on what you need here. Remember, lots of theaters are engaged in studio/chain deals that mandate the playing of certain trailers, and I don't want this to possibly interfere because a good natured projectionist shipped a trailer of a movie off to some other theater.
  • If you are not the general manager of your theater, you must check with your GM before you participate here.
  • This is NOT for any sort of collector's use or "cell chopper" use. Don't even try.
  • You may NOT post a list of what you have, nor make reference to having extra trailers/email for a list sort of thing. Requests only.
  • You may NOT charge for the trailers. Only shipping costs may be reimbursed. No one is going to profit here from this.
This thread is only to help the smaller theaters obtain promotional trailers, because the studios generally send everything out they have to the theaters opening movies "on the break" and leave the little guys out to dry. For anyone who as worked at an art house, you know what it's like to try and get trailers for that product as well. [Roll Eyes] Hopefully this will help.

I hope the intentions of this are clear. If you have any question on these policies, email me first...don't post your question here.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-15-2005 11:17 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this is what Brad had in mind, but I'd like a flat Pepsi trailer for a non-profit live theatre venue which has been running a fair amount of film lately. I am _not_ interested in the horrible Barbie Doll one or anything with Michael Jackson in it. I have those and will not be showing either. I don't want the Regal "Pepsi Girl" one, either.

Are there any good Pepsi trailers? Ideally, I'd like something old and cool and funky that no one else is showing, but I'll take whatever I can get that I would not be embarrassed to show.

I'd also be interested in Dolby Stereo (not digital) trailers other than than the current "Temple" one.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 07-18-2005 09:41 AM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Brad. Just the ticket for the needs of our one-screen theatre that shows art films up to three months off the break. I'm looking for flat trailers of (but will take scope):
•Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill
•Grass (1999)
•Off the Map

Thanks for your help.

Patrick Matthews
Film Handler

- posted 08-10-2005 09:53 AM      Profile for Patrick Matthews   Email Patrick Matthews   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for flat trailers for The Big Lebowski and Fight Club, shows that we will be doing at midnight in the coming months.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

From: Telluride, CO, USA (733 mi. WNW of Rockwall, TX but it seems much, much longer)

- posted 09-13-2005 03:38 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a "Children of Heaven" trailer to lend for a month? Thanks.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2005 05:19 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wanted: "First Descent" trailer. Looking for one or two flat (but will take scope) trailers for "First Descent." Here we are a freakin' ski town and Universal can't get us trailers for a snowboarding movie! Hep me please! Thanks.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-17-2006 10:31 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for trailers for:

Hoodwinked
Brokeback Mountain
Syriana
Munich

EDIT: All taken care of. Thanks guys.

[ 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

Jeff Lacey
Film Handler

- posted 01-24-2006 12:10 PM      Profile for Jeff Lacey   Email Jeff Lacey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I am looking for trailers for Garcon Stupide, Before the Fall, and Cache.

Thanks!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-06-2006 03:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for flat and scope versions of FIREWALL trailer.

I need the scope version the most but could really use both by this Friday the 17th. Anyone? Postage will be reimbursed.

EDIT: Taken care of. Thanks for the help.

[ 03-07-2006, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

Dan Chilton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2006 07:55 PM      Profile for Dan Chilton   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Chilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for this feature, Brad. As a single-screen arthouse with a 75 seat capacity, we need all the promoting we can get.

If anyone has the following, that would be great:

THE NOTORIOUS BETTIE PAGE (Scope)
DUCK SEASON (Flat or Scope)

Thanks again! [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-10-2006 09:08 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could use a scope M:I:III.

(and I know it's not out yet, but I could REALLY use any "Cars" trailers besides the old teaser. Technicolor has nothing. Flat and scope needed.)

Postage will be reimbursed.

EDIT: Never mind, too late now. No responses received.

[ 05-22-2006, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

Matt Whitney
Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2006 05:30 PM      Profile for Matt Whitney   Email Matt Whitney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We could use trailers for "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Superman Returns"

Ian Woloschin
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2006 02:52 PM      Profile for Ian Woloschin   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Woloschin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm not sure if posting so many trailers is ok or not, please just remove them if it's too many.

I run a college theater, one movie every weekend, and I've been asked if it would be possible to obtain trailers for the next week's movies. I'll just post a list below of all of my movies from now till Christmas (I believe they're all out now), and I think if anyone can help me just PM me. The date next to the movie is when I would need a trailer by. I can run trailers in either flat or scope, as I do not use a platter system (yay changeovers).

9/17 Superman Returns (I don't expect anything for this)
9/24 The Breakup
10/1 Cars
10/8 Over The Hedge
10/23 Lady in the Water
10/29 V for Vendetta
11/5 You, Me, and Dupree
11/12 Accepted
11/19 Miami Vice
11/26 Talledega Nights
12/3 A Scanner Darkly

I don't expect to get many, if any of these trailers, but if anyone can help me out, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 12:52 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking to borrow flat and/or scope trailers for THE LIVES OF OTHERS right away for a May 26 playdate. Thanks.

Jim Bedford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2007 05:30 PM      Profile for Jim Bedford   Author's Homepage   Email Jim Bedford   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got 'em, thanks.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: