Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Is Spam Good for You?

Author Topic: Is Spam Good for You?
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-02-2005 03:02 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spam (not the canned pig meat) has benefits?

quote:
Spam can be good for you.
A steady diet of e-mails that promote healthy behavior can change a person's outlook and behavior regarding healthier eating and increased physical activity, says a new study from the University of Alberta. The 12 week study of 2,598 Canadian workers will be published in the July/August 2005 edition of the American Journal of Health Promotion.

People receiving the e-mails showed an increase in physical activity levels and also had more confidence in being able to participate in physical activity at the study's end. They also recognized more pros and fewer cons to physical actiivty and were more open to making dietary changes.

Further, those receiving e-mails actually reduced their mean body mass index (BMI), a measure of body fat based on height and weight, over the course of the study. By contrast, the mean BMI of the control group (people who did not receive the e-mails) slightly increased during the study period.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-06/uoa-scb062905.php

This is awesome! I would be the healthiest man in America if Daryl turned off Spamassassin! Brad must have shut off Spammassassin to his account, 'cause look at him now! Gee, you think this study was funded by, I dunno, people who send spam?

|  IP: Logged

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2005 03:11 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure if I have to laugh at that article or not...

Just tell you something: My body mass index is around 20 (which appears to be low) and I do not receive that much spam. But I do eat a lot [Wink]

Maybe they didn't have the time to eat beacuase of deleting all the spam messagens?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2005 04:33 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course it makes you healthier. Merely receiving spam gets the heart pumping and sweat glands running into overdrive by the sheer aggravation of receiving advertising via email.

This really isn't rocket science. Duh! [Wink]

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-06-2005 02:01 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also it's a very physical activity, swinging that sledge-hammer and smashing the computer into smitherines.

Than again, this could be an Emily Latella moment....they might have been testing Spam...the lunchmeat of questionable origins.

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spam-- a food substance enjoyed by everyone in Hawaii. There are
more cans of Spam sold in Hawaii than any other state in the U.S. Y U M M Y !! Breakfast, lunch or dinner... Spam is
the one! [thumbsup]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-06-2005 04:58 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Spam haiku from Dan Garcia's Spam Homepage

Oh tin of pink meat
I ponder what you may be:
Snout or ear or feet?

You haven't lived until you've had Spam Musubi, one of da kine local's grinds Oahu side, ey brah! [Cool]

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 07-07-2005 08:08 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That SPAM page is hilarious ...:

What shining deity from Olympus knelt
down to the earth and hog butt smelt?
Creating then man's eternal desire
for swine entrails congealed by fire.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: