Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Opera crashing in forum

Author Topic: Opera crashing in forum
Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 06-29-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to open the "foreign distribution" thread in the film handlers forum crashes Opera 7 and 8 immediately. Using Internet Exploder I don't see any problem (except IE can't find the FT site on one system here).
Anyone else have problems or see why?

Plus, after the crash all forums are showing "no new posts" even though there are.

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-29-2005 05:46 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tried Opera v7.54u2 on that thread, seems to work fine. I'm assuming you mean the thread "Exhibition in Foreign Countries".

Kyle McEachern
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2005 06:22 PM      Profile for Kyle McEachern         Edit/Delete Post 
The only thing on that particular thread that could POSSIBLY cause some problem with a given browser/machine would be the "Location" of Paer Hoegberg having an a with an umlaut or the use of the "one half" as a single character, and that particular machine/browser installation not having a fontset that's compatible with one of those two particular ASCII characters. (values 132 and 171, respectively).

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-29-2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pear, please move to a different country as you are crashing browsers, and we cannot have that.

Just for fun to see if this makes his Opera crash:
ההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההה
ההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההההה

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-29-2005 07:21 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have Opera 7.51. No problems here.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-29-2005 07:41 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I only like a little Opera once in a while.

Mark

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 06-29-2005 11:25 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't say my ex was fat, but when we went to the opera nobody would leave until she stood up and sang...

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2005 09:58 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a cousin that was big into Opera. She could sing like a bird. Never seen her crash.

Opera 7.X. No problems here.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 06-30-2005 02:06 PM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't normally use Opera, but I do have a copy of 7.54, running under Apple System 10.3; no problems here.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 06-30-2005 04:04 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had Opera for Windows seem to increase the amount of crashes...to the point I'm experimenting with Mozilla Firefox...anything to keep away from IE

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 07-01-2005 08:47 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been using Firefox on my home system.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 07-01-2005 06:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Web sites are starting to get through Firefox's pop-up blocking feature.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 07-02-2005 12:47 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been using Firefox at the house for several months now and have had no major issues. My school has put Firefox on all campus machines as well, even though their on-line student registration sites work only with IE.

I still have Opera on the home machine but I only use it to surf pr0n.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: