Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Digital Open Air in San Diego

Author Topic: Digital Open Air in San Diego
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-17-2005 07:28 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you happen to be in the area during the next weeks, swing by the San Diego County Fair at the Del Mar racetracks. We installed an open air venue there which is powered by an iS15-2k provided by NEC projecting moving pictures on a 32' screen and a vicious sound setup provided by QSC, with 3 SC-443 double dual woofer bass cabinets and 4 SB-7218 subwoofers, plus 8 MD-152/94r for the surrounds and DCA series amps, all running on a custom designed QSControl.net audio network system. When we tested the subwoofers, people complained that they thought it was an earthquake, so the fun factor is quite high.
We will strike again on Tuesday, June 21, with "Robots" and Wednesday, June 22, with "The Day after tomorrow". There will be more shows on Friday, June 24, Tuesday, June 28, and Sunday, July 3, programs TBA.

I forgot - all these shows are at 9 pm!

[ 06-18-2005, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Michael Schaffer ]

|  IP: Logged

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2005 12:38 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

Lately, it may HAVE been an earthquake...

E

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-18-2005 04:42 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was mostly us. If you can find the time, schwing by next week and see/hear for yourself. "Day after tomorrow" should generate some more complaints. If you want to drop in and let me know well in advance, I may be able to place tickets for you at the entrance.

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 06-18-2005 01:09 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well dang. I guess I have to go to the fair now. I usually avoid it because of how easily money finds its way out of my wallet when I attend.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: