Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » RE: TRAGIC DEATH of David Bevilacqua, CEO Jack Roe USA Inc (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: RE: TRAGIC DEATH of David Bevilacqua, CEO Jack Roe USA Inc
Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2005 09:08 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RE: TRAGIC DEATH of David Bevilacqua, CEO

It is with enormous sadness and great sense of personal loss that Juliet & Brian Roe and our colleagues in Jack Roe USA Inc & Jack Roe (CS) Ltd have to announce the loss of a dear friend and most loyal member of staff. David died in the early hours of Sunday June 12th 2005 from a massive heart attack.

When we opened our Nashville facility in November 2003, we said "We have selected David Bevilacqua to run our operation here in North America. He has the experience and integrity that will be needed to make our operation a success. I am sure that most of you have worked with Dave over the past few years and we feel privileged to have him aboard!"

Dave repaid our trust every day and over the 19 month period to now has built the Nashville facility to a thriving small Company serving the Industry well; now 14 months on from the smooth integration of the Cinemeccanica American Distribution into Jack Roe USA Inc.

Our heartfelt condolences go to the family and his many personal friends both within & outside the Industry. We grieve with you.

David's brother Gary has said that the funeral will be in Pittsburgh on Thursday of this week. Friends in the Nashville area have said to expect a Memorial Service there in a couple of weeks time.

Dave would have wanted "Business as usual". Our Nashville team will be operating to maintain our service to the highest level possible, fully supported by the breadth and depth of knowledge from our very old established UK Company.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 06-13-2005 09:56 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I am shocked. I did several jobs for David back when I was at GTS. Dave always had fun where ever he went. One time I was just outside Portland, OR and had stopped at the Waterfalls about 30 miles east of town to take a brake from driving. There were two other guys standing there looking at one of the falls and I thought gee he looks familiar. Turned out to be David, and I believe his brother Gary. Just one of those by chance instances that rarely happens.

Mark

Samuel Hynds
Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2005 11:02 AM      Profile for Samuel Hynds   Email Samuel Hynds   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He will be missed. [Frown]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2005 12:33 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
horrible news. [Frown]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-13-2005 01:54 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially sad to lose someone in the prime of life. He will be missed. [Frown]

Remembering the good times (United Drive-In Theatre Owners Association Convention, February 5, 2004, "Luau party")

-

-

[ 06-13-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: John Pytlak ]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-13-2005 04:41 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry to hear that, and my condolances to his family and colleagues. If Jack Roe USA delivered the same friendly and 100% reliable service as the Hereford operation, Mr. Bevilacqua's will be a very hard act to follow.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2005 05:56 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am shocked at the news of David's death. I had last seen him at SHOWEAST and it was only a year ago, around this time, that myself, Bud Orton and David had lunch together in Newport, RI.
My condolances to David's family and colleagues. He will be missed by all.

Paul Goulet

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 06-13-2005 06:17 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the news last night and was shocked as he had no history of heart disease, that he knew of.

It's particularly sad as he had finally gotten together with a company worthy of him and that he could proudly represent.

Dedicated, ethical people like this don't come around every day.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-13-2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
This is terrible news. Not even sure what to say here. Dave was a great guy personally as well as when it came down to business. He will be deeply missed by everyone who knew him. [Frown]

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2005 11:26 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tragic news indeed. Dave was a great guy who knew his product and serviced his customers well.

I recall a conversation with him back in his CPI days... turns out that his mother used to live in an Association that we now manage. He knew pretty much, exactly where my theatre was and knew the area as his mother lived here... Small world..

My condolences to his family and the Jack Roe family as well...

[Frown]

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-15-2005 08:52 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Published in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on 6/15/2005.

David P. Bevilacqua

BEVILACQUA
DAVID P.
David P. Bevilacqua, 44, of Nashville, Tennessee, passed away suddenly on Sunday, June 12, 2005. David was born January 28, 1961 in Pittsburgh. He graduated from Shaler Area High School in 1979. He then attended Reading Area Community College where he studied to become an optician. Upon becoming a licensed optician, David went into the optical business on Pittsburgh's South Side with his grandfather, the late Cyril L. Knorr. While in college, David worked in movie theaters as a projectionist. He developed a great love for the cinema, and continued working in movie houses even after beginning his career in the optical business. His dream of having his own theatre became a reality in 1989, when he and his siblings restored and reopened the historic Rex Theatre on the South Side. David eventually left his optical business to work full-time in cinema. In the late 1990's, David relocated to Nashville, Tennessee where he began an exciting new phase of his career in theatre equipment sales. David was CEO of JackRoeUSA, a cinema supplies company. David is survived by his loving mother Arlene Weissenstein and stepfather Donald Weissenstein of Upper St. Clair, brother Gary (Megan) Bevilacqua of Bloomington, IL, sister, Gina (Gary) Bishop of Columbus, OH and seven adoring nephews and nieces. He was preceded in death by his father, Peter L. Bevilacqua and brother Jamie Bevilacqua and grandparents Cyril and Gertrude Knorr and Peter and Armella Bevilacqua. Funeral Arrangements by BEINHAUERS, Friends welcome at 2828 Washington Road, Peters Twp. (724) 941-3211 on Thursday 2-4 and 7-9 pm. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at St. Thomas More Church on Friday at 10 am. Interment in St. Mary Cemetery. The family suggests that memorial donations be made to the St. Thomas More Family Life and Education Center, 126 Ft Couch Rd, Pgh, PA 15241.
Please add a tribute at
www.woodrufffamilyservices.com
Send condolences at post-gazette.com/gb
Published in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on 6/15/2005.

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 06-15-2005 04:01 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very tragic [Frown] He will be missed by many, my self included.

JJ

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 06-16-2005 01:48 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am deeply sorry to learn of Dave's passing. He was truly one of the "Good Guys" in the industry. I know many who will miss him.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 06-21-2005 12:45 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man! Just found this as well! Shoot, the many times with my conversations with Dave when he was at GTS since he was head of Motion Pictures department for that company. Plus, the few meetings with Dave on visits to small "indie" theatres that he would frequent with me being present there.

Obviously, my condolences to his family. Granted, a great person to be missed.

Monte

Dennis J. Losco
Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2005 07:51 AM      Profile for Dennis J. Losco   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis J. Losco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As we all know trying to break into this industry can be tough. Dave believed in us and supported our product from day one. We lost a great friend and business partner!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: