Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Kitten survives after litter thrown from car window (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Kitten survives after litter thrown from car window
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-06-2005 04:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Kitten survives after litter thrown from car window

quote:
MSNBC
LORAIN, Ohio - A man faces two counts of animal cruelty in two Ohio counties after a litter of kittens was tossed out the window of a moving car, NBC 4 reported.

A 6-week-old kitten was the only survivor from the entire litter. Police said the suspect is a police officer.

Witnesses told Lorain police that a man driving from Huron to Lorain was throwing kittens out of his car window.

The lone surviving cat was found at an intersection. Even though the cat used one of its nine lives, it didn't escape unharmed.

"When this kitty tried to land on its feet when he was thrown from the car, when it landed he stretched its arms away from its body, and that stretching damaged the nerves as it came from the body to its arm," said Dr. Thomas Wood, of the Lorain Animal Clinic.

Two witnesses trailed the driver and called police. During questioning, police said the suspect said he was a police officer.

The kitten is being treated at the Lorain Animal Clinic and is expected to make a full recovery.

-

I really do think the punishment needs to fit the crime. The kitten should be measured from head to rear and then the guy who did this should be measured head to foot. Then taking into account the difference in size to be calculated against the speed the car was going at and simply toss that fucker out of the car at a mathematically calculated and fair increased speed.

If by some chance the guy survives the toss, he should be banished from any form of law enforcement and spend some time in jail.

Anyone disagreeing with me on this I offer this perspective. The kitten was completely defenseless...just like your newborn child would be. You wouldn't be too happy if someone grabbed your kid and tossed him out the window of a car racing along the highway, would you? [Mad]

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-06-2005 04:59 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to think that we're civilised in a way that this guy obviously is not, so personally I'd settle for whatever the punishment would normally be in Lorain, Ohio, for premeditatedly murdering as many newborn children as he killed cats and then seriously injuring another one.

Why do people like that manage to end up as police officers? Last month we had this moron (link to BBC Online story of 18 May about police officer who was acquitted of speeding after driving at 159mph in a 70 zone) who decided that it would be fun to pretend to be Michael Schumacher one night, and this racist thug (19 May - police officer who racially abused and intimidated someone he'd just arrested) who tried to get an innocent teenager convicted of a number of serious offences, and probably would have succeeded if the teen hadn't managed to gather evidence using his mobile 'phone's voice recorder. Obviously I'm not going to say anything political, but I do wonder how it's possible for this kind of person to get through the police force selection procedures.

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 06-06-2005 06:06 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sad. While the guy deserves to get thrown out of a car, I'd also tie a length of piano wire around his balls....

It's especially pointless because there are many shelters that will take kittens, as they are usually easily adoptable.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-06-2005 06:24 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate reading about shit like that. I hope the guy gets whatever the max sentence is for animal abuse. [Mad]

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2005 07:02 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SICK. VERY VERY SICK. I agree. Someone should throw him from the car.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 06-06-2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always sad to hear of man's inhumanity to cat.

Signed, Cat-Daddy of three cats

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2005 11:30 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Disgusting.

Cat-dad to THREE of them, too. One is a 25 pounder.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-07-2005 12:35 AM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget to calculate the difference in size against the height they throw him from to...

And why couldn't a person that doesn't want the kittens just bring them to a shelter, its just sick.

Kitty Mommy of 3 cats also, one a 24.9 pounder (was at the vet today).

Dieter Depypere
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2005 01:37 AM      Profile for Dieter Depypere   Email Dieter Depypere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate those people. I am friend of animals - If I get this [...] I would not know what to do with him [Mad]

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2005 02:14 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drowning unwanted kittens in a bag is a cliche', as much for its cruelty as the evasion that the person who does it commits by concealing the cats from himself before killing them. This guy, however, obviously had created a method that he found amusing.

There's a huge amount of statistical data correlating animal abuse to various sociopathic behaviors & personality types. Like a lot of other behaviors & mindsets, it usually seems to be learned:

"Evidence continues to mount on the ineffectiveness and deleterious nature of corporal punishment as a child-rearing technique (Straus, 1991). Two recent studies link this evidence to animal abuse."

http://www.ncjrs.org/html/ojjdp/jjbul2001_9_2/page5.html
http://www.ncjrs.org/html/ojjdp/jjbul2001_9_2/page7.html

They'll tend to have learned & believed that violence toward spouses, children, & animals is normal, expected, justified, & has no ill effects. Persons with that belief always underreport & underscale what they think is "violence", & even when there's injury or death to a spouse or child as a result of their violent acts, will view it as "they had it coming", & remorse will only be for being caught (or public results like death or hospitalization).

They're violent, narcissistic, & terrified. They generally conceal their behavior from public view because exposure would result in loss of social status. However, they've always got this sort of power play exhibitionistic streak of trying to see how much they can display in public without rebuke to do some social-ordering - seeing how hard they can hit spouses & kids in public before somebody says something, tormenting animals in front of a group that is expected to only be very distressed but won't stop or report them, throwing cats out the window on the highway is a new version of a screaming little terrified monster only brave enough to peek out when he thinks he'll be safe enough to dart back in.

When you see these things, you're seeing just the tip of the iceberg, & there's a whole lot they've done before & will do in the future.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 06-07-2005 02:54 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed totally. You quite frequently hear of people who are convicted for murders and GBH who turn out to have previous convictions for animal cruelty - it does seem to be an indicator that if they're prepared to do that sort of thing to pets, they're capable of doing it to humans, too.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2005 02:55 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On second thought ... we don't need to go there ...

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 06-07-2005 03:35 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Leo Enticknap
You quite frequently hear of people who are convicted for murders and GBH who turn out to have previous convictions for animal cruelty - it does seem to be an indicator that if they're prepared to do that sort of thing to pets, they're capable of doing it to humans, too.
Animal cruelty is almost the norm as a stage in the "development" of serial killers. The key here is that many people who perpetrate violence on other living beings are really cowards who can not cope with their aggressions and frustrations in other ways. They "practice" on the completely helpless - small animals - and often "graduate" to violence against people when the "kick" they get from animal cruelty has worn off.

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2005 06:14 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exact punishement in proportion to just one kitten per Brad's formula isn't enough. That man should be hurled out the window as many times as there were kittens in the litter and then, after all that, be subjected to John Walsh's piano wire plan. [evil] [Mad] Maybe that would serve as a warning to others...

(Owned and operated by two cats.)

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 06-08-2005 02:10 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too am a cat dad. My three cat children would love to take a crack at this jackass.

Some people consider them just pets, and that is where the disconnect gets started. They are not pets, they are family.

Fry the bastard, very very slowly.

Ciao

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: