Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Richard Wolfe in car accident

Author Topic: Richard Wolfe in car accident
William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2005 01:21 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the THS:

quote:
Richard Wolfe, past THS Board member, proud owner of the ROXY in Northhampton PA and frequent conclave attendee was involved in a serious head-on car crash on April 22. Unfortunately, Richard has continued to struggle with further health issues related to his injuries. Tisha Sheldon of LHAT alerted THS to Richard's situation and we pass this information on to his THS friends with Richard's permission.

Richard writes that while his recovery has been "tough", the ROXY continues to operate at full schedule thanks to his very able assistant Todd, who has also attended a few Conclaves with Richard.

Wow, this is a shock. Get better fast, Richard!

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-06-2005 04:00 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Egad! Hopefully his recovery is speedy. Anyone know his assistant? Perhaps he could give us some updates.

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2005 12:08 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand that the accident occurred as Richard was on his way to get a part for the magnificent marquee on his theatre. See www.roxytheaternorthampton.com.

Richard's right arm was shattered (so he cannot write or type) resulting in three surgeries so far. The last surgery was due to an infection which had set in.

Richard has been forced to curtail his theatre's matinee schedule because of on-going physical therapy as Todd has a daytime job.

When I spoke to him this past weekend he seemed to be doing better but it is taking a lot more time for him to mend then he originally thought. (Happens to all of us as we get older, I guess.)

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 06-06-2005 08:53 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim Reed may have some info soon. Last I heard he told me he was living in an appartment over that theatre. Not sure now.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 06-07-2005 10:34 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get well soon, Mr. Wolfe! [thumbsup]

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-07-2005 07:59 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard-

Hope you are reading this and I wish you a speedy recovery. Next time I'm up in the area visiting my sister, who lives in Neffs and frequents the Roxy, I intend to stop by for a social call. Hope you will be well by then!

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2005 02:31 PM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard. I was just going to send you a quick email to see how you were doing and tell you about what i've been up to lately. I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I know its been some time so I hope your back and well soon. I just moved to the Easton Area so I'll stop by the theatre if I get the chance.

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2005 10:20 PM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back in the saddle again. It's been a long tough 12 weeks, but I feel pretty good now and have just returned to my full work load as of Thursday. I can now finally lift the 6000 foot reels back onto the top of the projectors.

I'm starting matinees again as of this week. I still have to go to rehab three times a week, but can now schedule those so they won't interfere with matinee scheduling. It will still be some time until I get full use of my right wrist, if ever, but I'll keep trying. It was completely shattered, the worst the surgeon said that he had ever worked on. However, although still a bit stiff, and unable to be straightened out, I can do almost everything I could do before.

Thanks for the concern on behalf of those here at film-tech. John, I'll look forward to seeing you at the Roxy and will give you the full tour. Rich, I hope to see you sometime soon. Are you still at the Saucon Valley theatre?

Thanks again to everyone.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-18-2005 05:37 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to hear you're back in the game! [Smile]

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-18-2005 10:30 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Brad.... you just can't keep REAL showman away for Long!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2005 01:55 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good to see you're back in service, Richard! PT works, & cussing in PT also yields satisfying results.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-20-2005 10:45 AM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, Richard. I'll email you the next time I'm planning to get up your way, and I'll take you up on that tour!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: