Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Bob Hornberger Dies

Author Topic: Bob Hornberger Dies
Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2005 10:38 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My good friend for 25 years & theatre service tech for 30 years in the Dallas Texas for ASC tech service died last Monday morning after a heat attack while working at the theatre in Houston Texas, Bob was laid to rest last Thursday...Bob have been employed with Universal Cinema Services for the last two years, Bob called me Sunday morning told me he was having a heart attack to please come to Houston (about 30-mins from my house in Texas City) & take care of his tools & car...Bob Died the next morning....I have been in shock & out of touch I couldn't bring myself to write until today (1-week later)...Bob was my co-working, best friend & teacher...he will be miss...

|  IP: Logged

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2005 02:10 AM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. If he is as fine a man as you indicate I'm sure he would want you to carry on and honor him by doing your best at what he taught you. May God comfort you.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 05-30-2005 03:25 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wasn't Bob the nice gentleman that I met along with the other members of your crew last year in Omaha?

Don Sneed
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Don Sneed   Author's Homepage   Email Don Sneed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea Mike he was, you showed him your new Ivie RTA, he told the office about it, they brought four of them....Bob was the large man at the Strong meeting....I will miss that man, & carry on as he would wanted...

John Stewart
Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2005 07:36 PM      Profile for John Stewart   Email John Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob had serviced my theater a few times back in the late 90's when my regular tech could not come. I sure liked Bob. But had lost touch with him since then and wondered how he was. He was a fine man and he will be missed.

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow sorry about that man. I only met Bob once, and I heard many great things about him. I still have his number on my wall at work :-(

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 06-03-2005 01:38 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm sorry to hear this, Don. You have my heartfelt condolences. I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob. We were both with ASC at various times, but unfortunately, our paths never crossed.

Be strong, my friend.

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-03-2005 11:38 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, really sorry to hear that. I worked with Bob on serveral occasions. Very nice and knowledable guy. He pretty much kept the Dallas ACS office together. After he left, what few techs they had left weren't up to the task it seems. If I recall correctly he had been with ACS for quite a long time.

One thing I enjoyed about Bob is that he would take time out to help and explain things to the newbies.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: