Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Ernest T. Bass is gone.

Author Topic: Ernest T. Bass is gone.
Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2005 04:54 PM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Howard Morris passed away on Saturday. He was 85.

As a long time viewer of the Andy Griffith Show, I will surely miss him.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-24-2005 06:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Columbia House put out a video containing all of his episodes on TAGS (part of their Andy Griffith Show series). I'm sure you can find it on eBay.

I agree, he was hilarious -- and also wrote and directed some episodes of that show (and others).

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-24-2005 06:58 PM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't be just his performances in front of the camera, but work he did behind the camera as a Director and Writer and his voice. Some people may only remember him from the Andy Griffith Show. While others grew up with his voice in "The Flintstones", "Winnie the Pooh & the Blustery Day", Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" as Gopher, "The Jetsons", "Beetle Bailey", Magilla Gorilla", "Atom Ant", "Archie's" as Jughead Jones, "Cow and Chicken".
His Talents go on and on.

Ernest T. Bass

Thanks [thumbsup]

[ 05-25-2005, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Bill Gabel ]

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2005 12:09 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember him best as the voice of Beetle Bailey in the 1963 King Features Syndicate (Paramount Cartoon Studios) tv cartoons.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2005 06:54 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen clips of him on early 1950's TV variety shows like "Your Show Of Shows." Being a good small-print reader told me that he did voices on so many Hanna-Barbera shows that at the time I dismissed as trivial, but looking back, I miss fondly.

Up And Atom, Atom Ant!

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 05-26-2005 04:29 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I missed this very sad news. Poor Howard, such a funny, funny guy. And what a great trick voice.

He will be missed.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: