Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Any Giant Customers? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Any Giant Customers?
Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2005 03:52 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a particular customer that is 7 foot 4 inches tall.

Chris (the giant) has become quite a good friend of mine over the last few years. I keep offering him a job as doorman...

I can see it now... Chris the Giant(doorman) is wearing a 9XL Polo... Tearing tickets... Telling people which theatre they need to go to.

complaints? Talk to Chris!

any one else have such?

E

|  IP: Logged

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-24-2005 05:43 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most NBA basketball teams have a "giant" or two. [Big Grin]

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2005 07:20 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There actually is a precedent for a tall doorman.

Lock Martin, who played "GORT" in THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL was a doorman at the Chinese theater. He was reputed to be well over 7' tall.

Also, the musical "GRAND HOTEL" cast very tall actors in the role of Doorman.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2005 09:47 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ironically, the guy from the movie "My Giant", is a regular customer at the Annapolis Mall 11 in Annapolis, MD. Super nice guy......

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 05-24-2005 02:45 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
......until you piss him off! [Eek!]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-24-2005 03:36 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Lensenmayer
...Lock Martin, who played "GORT" in THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL...
Life imitates art!

A guy who plays a giant-sized door man in a movie is, in real life, a giant-sized door man in a movie theater!

Are you going to show me your ticket stub? Or am I going to have to call for my friend, "Gort", over there?!...

[Big Grin]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-24-2005 04:14 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a GIRL who was nearly 7 feet tall in a few weeks ago. [Eek!] She had to duck to get through the hallway that runs to our auditorium. As skinny as a rail too. I never saw her before or since.

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2005 08:31 PM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
obviously that was one little girl standing on the shoulders of another. face it, you got ripped off. the next time it happens, push her over or lift up her dress and see what happens.

carl

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-24-2005 09:57 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At thetare outside of Chicago a giant black lady who was as wide as she was tall came in and tried to sit in one of the seats in the large auditorium. She managed to get into the seat but upon truing to get out of it the seat literally exploded. She later sued the chain but I don't remember who won. This woulda been a good case for Judge Judy!

Mark

Jacob A. Velleman
Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2005 02:21 AM      Profile for Jacob A. Velleman   Email Jacob A. Velleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2005 05:53 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got the guy to work for me. It cost me a bit more in payroll, but I was able to talk my DM into it since he will work weekdays and we will not have to have security on these days!

It's funny, when the bad customers know they are doing something wrong, a security guard comes in and tells you you have to leave, they laugh. When a 472 pound 7'4" employee tells you you have to leave, they leave without any sort of question.. they just sort of leave. They never ask for a refund or a re-ad... They just leave.

$10 an hour pays off for a reg emp once in a while!!!

E

Robert Harrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2005 12:46 PM      Profile for Robert Harrison   Email Robert Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah. We have a customer who is 15 feet tall in his stocking feet! And, boy, do those feet smell! We make him wear shoes.

He is so large that he can only fit in our old timey 1400 seat auditorium. Our rink-dink screens have low drop ceilings.

We have to let him in through the big stage loading door behind the screen. Hell, we have to pull up the screen, too, to let him in. Then he always quietly sits in the the front left section.

He can't fit in our restrooms, though. Once, when he couldn't hold it in until the movie ended, I spied him pissing into the orchestra pit. Other customers complained about this, BUT NOT TO HIM!

Also, one time he farted and I thought we blew a subwoofer!

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2005 10:17 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At 6'6" I am the tallest former employee/current customer at my old theatre. The damn seats in the regular auditoria have the standard width between rows. I have to sit in the handicapped areas there. I like the Mugs & Movies auditorium b/c there is ample leg room and I can down a few Heinekin's during the show

Carl Martin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2005 03:03 AM      Profile for Carl Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Carl Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Heineken?! Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

sorry, i saw that film recently and couldn't help myself. i'm not a beer drinker, actually.

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 10-17-2005 03:09 PM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have a customer who has to duck significantly to clear our 7 ft. doors. He always arrives early so he can be certain to get an aisle seat so he can extend his legs into it after the crowd is in. There is a woman who comes very rarely who is 7ft+. She played basketball for a university, now has a job downtown.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: