Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anybody familiar with AMC Pleasure Island 24 at Disney?

Author Topic: Anybody familiar with AMC Pleasure Island 24 at Disney?
Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2005 08:47 AM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to find out which auditorium numbers are the two largest (600 seat) houses with the balconies. That's where I'm going to see episode 3 and I want to be able to ask for showtimes by auditorium number. I'm afraid that if I ask what times are playing in the large auditorium with balcony, they'll give me the DLP showtimes or something like that.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-16-2005 02:41 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not just call the theatre and say:

"What auditorium numbers are your largest?"

...and when they tell you, then ask for the SWIII schedule in those auditoriums. And tell them you DO NOT want to see it in Digital. They 'should' know what you're talking about.

(There was one film-techer, Thomas Procyk, who I think used to work there but I don't recall him posting for a while. You might try sending him an email.)

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2005 06:19 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the large ones is #1. I'm not sure what the other one is (anyone else at the Showeast screenings last year?)

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2005 07:20 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking that they might be #1 and #2. The last thing I saw in either of those big auditoriums was "Air Force One" and I haven't been to AMC Pleasure Island in years.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2005 04:27 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's # 1 and 2...but I don't know why you want to see it in those auditoriums....the screens are way too big and underlit. The sound is ok (unless you sit in the balcony) but seriously, see it in the smaller non-DLP house.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2005 05:22 PM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dean,

Thanks for the advice. How is the sound in the smaller non-dlp houses. I saw something a long time ago in DLP there and the sound in that (I believe formerly THX) auditorium was very good. I just don't think I want to see it in 1k DLP (which is what they have there unless they recently upgraded).

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2005 07:52 PM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Their sound in the smaller (non-stadium seating) is much better. But, I doubt that they will actually put Episode III in those. 4 of them are THX Certified (or they are built and were certified up until a year ago) I think #22 is, but not sure about the others, but they sound no better than other houses. I took my parents to see Shrek 2 when I worked for AMC and my father and I got up because we could hear the projector the whole movie....I think it was either house 22 or 18.

I'd go for the smallest house they are playing it in. Just call and ask.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: