Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Stephen Jones is 50! wish him Happy Birthday!!

Author Topic: Stephen Jones is 50! wish him Happy Birthday!!
Gordon Leslie
Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 05:39 AM      Profile for Gordon Leslie   Email Gordon Leslie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May 5th marks the day my good friend Steve sadly reaches that milestone ……you poor old bugger!!, you must let me know one day what its like!. I met Steve on this forum about 5 1/2 yrs go and since then we have become good friends and speak to one another regularly by phone or thru e-mail. I was able to finally persuade Steve to venture over here to the west for a holiday earlier this year and took him out on tour of various cinema sites, from art deco thru to the megaplexes, and the usual tourist attractions around our city. I had my yearly projectionists BBQ to coincide with Steve’s visit, so he was able to meet projectionists from the different company’s here in Perth. At the end of Steve’s holiday he commented that the highlight of his trip was, being a train buff, being able to drive a C class locomotive at the Hotham Valley Railway in Pinjarra ….. Steve, I thought my projectionists bbq would have been up there at the top of your list, or were there to many drunks?… or not enough?. Guess you would have just about dried out by know!…home brew takes a little getting used to!.... Anyway Steve, looking forward to having you back this way again. All the best for the next 50. [beer]

|  IP: Logged

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-04-2005 07:23 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Stephen!

Bill Gabel
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 09:12 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel   Email Bill Gabel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Stephen from NYC/Times Square [beer]

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 11:18 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Stephen were born the same day as me, would he be a day older? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Big Grin]

Happy (belated) birthday! [thumbsup]

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 05-04-2005 12:05 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Brithday and best fishes for many more
[beer]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-04-2005 04:36 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy B'day Stephen!

quote: Gordon McLeod
...and best fishes...
Ya know Gordie, with you, I can never tell if you're making a typo or have some other meaning in your posts. [Wink] [Razz] [evil]

Stephen Jones
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2005 12:17 AM      Profile for Stephen Jones   Email Stephen Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep finally hit the big 50.35 of those years showing movies.
Was thinking how much has happened in those years,times certainly have changed since 1955.
Even though I am now 50 im still not the oldest projectionist In our bio im one of the younger ones still!
By the way Perth WA is my favourite spot in Australia and will get back there late next year.I recomend Western Australia to any of you guys shoud you visit down under even Phil would enjoy it.
Cheers all
[beer]
Steve

Dick Twentyman
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2005 12:48 AM      Profile for Dick Twentyman   Email Dick Twentyman       Edit/Delete Post 
OK OK, I get the hint!

Happy birthday you old fart - now you are one of us, instead of one of them! And yes, you are still the youngest in our bio and I am the oldest. When will you learn to have respect for your elders? Didn't your mother teach you any manners? The fact that you are the boss makes no difference.

By the way, do you realise that if you had been born on the same day as Beethoven, you would have been dead for 178 years.

Cheers Mate.

Rick Hunter
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2005 04:34 AM      Profile for Rick Hunter   Email Rick Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Steve, it seems we share the same day...

Hope you enjoy many [beer] [beer] [beer] today.... Me, I'm working.

Gordon Leslie
Film Handler

- posted 05-05-2005 06:32 AM      Profile for Gordon Leslie   Email Gordon Leslie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve....Disneyland celebrates 50years today also ....we could have celebrated there!! Keep it in mind for your centenary!.. [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: