Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » How Many Film-techers here are FreeMasons? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: How Many Film-techers here are FreeMasons?
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-29-2005 12:57 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a curious question, how many of us are FreeMasons?

Just acknoledge with the secret sign (not that there is one, because if there was one, it would be secret...)

Ciao

G

|  IP: Logged

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-29-2005 07:07 AM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
".. I have a second-hand apron ..."

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-29-2005 08:34 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that I don't have that problem.

Mark

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-29-2005 09:32 AM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a Knight of Columbus either. [Wink]

Jonathan Worthing
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2005 09:59 AM      Profile for Jonathan Worthing   Email Jonathan Worthing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: John Walsh
".. I have a second-hand apron ..."
"..I almost got in at Hendon.."

[ 04-29-2005, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Worthing ]

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 04-29-2005 12:01 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark: "I'm glad that I don't have that problem."

What's wrong with Free Masons? Seems like your basic charitable fraternal organization. Although, I admit I don't know anything about them ... which is why I quote from another great scroll - the Scroll of Monty.

My dad was in the Lions Club .. everyone likes the little cars the Shriners drive in at parades... The membership of fraternal organization seems to have declined, though. I think that toady, people just have too much work or other things to do - which is too bad.

"This is a 12-plex theater combining classical stud and sheetrock construction techniques. The patrons arrive here and are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort, through the candy stand, towards the rotating knives. The last twenty feet of the corridor are heavily soundproofed. The blood pours down these chutes and the mangled flesh slurps into these...

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 04-29-2005 01:16 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few of my family members are. I've looked into it briefly, but I decided that I didn't have time to do anything with it at the moment.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 04-29-2005 01:19 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.masonicinfo.com/KofC.htm

quote:
Sometimes, those seeking to encourage hatred and dissent try to ferment trouble between groups whom they think are, or should be, 'natural enemies'. This tactic can garner interest but in the end, it is always revealed as a hate tactic. Such have been the attempts at pitting the honorable Catholic religious fraternity, the Knights of Columbus, against Freemasonry....

The Knights of Columbus organization has a proud history. There are many Masons who are also involved members of the KofC and it is not unusual for KofC Councils and Masonic Lodges to share an annual 'Fellowship Breakfast' or other activities in the interests of fraternalism.

Jarryd Beard
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2005 02:04 PM      Profile for Jarryd Beard   Email Jarryd Beard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just checking here, but it this a correct statement?:

"All Shriners are Masons, but not all Masons are Shriners."

Also, when Shriners in your area drove around in their little cars, did they squirt water at the parade observers? They always did in our parades, but many people I've spoken with have never witnessed this.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-29-2005 05:53 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is a Free mason? Sounds retarded, but I do like anything that is free!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-29-2005 06:02 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard the Freemasons were a satanic devil-worshiping organization. Without getting into all the Google crap, would someone who KNOWS, PLEASE tell us what is their agenda and what they are all about.

The Sons of the Desert is the ONLY fraternal organization I would consider being a member.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-29-2005 06:19 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Their agenda is to replace the all country's money with bills containing GPS devices, so they can track our movement.

Then, they plan to seize control of the constabulary by buying up all the businesses in a municipality, and applying economic pressure to influence local elections, so their members can assume power.

At least, that's what I heard.

David Buckley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2005 06:57 PM      Profile for David Buckley   Author's Homepage   Email David Buckley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that the Freemasons have been around for centuries, if they had satanic powers or evil intent to take over the world they would have done it by now.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-29-2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No they wouldn't have. Just because they have the intent doesn't mean they will succeed at realizing their satanic dreams. Since the Freemasons are satanic, it probably isn't a very popular group.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-29-2005 07:36 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just in a Masonic Temple last week. There is one about 1/2 block from me that has been the subject of a locally controversial zoning case. In any event, the place has been sold to a local church. The church set up a tour with the neighbors to talk about plans for the future of the site.

There were some very strange things inside. The upstairs area is a large auditorium area with a stage and benches along the sides. No central seating. There were permanent twinkling lights in the ceiling. The strangest thing was the secret lifting panels. There was a false wall behind the benches. Three of these panels had a mechanism that would lift up the panel very quietly.

The temple was built in the late '50's, and I don't think any of the interior had been updated. Looked like an original sound an lighting system.

The church is thinking of turning the entire place into a youth recreation center, tearing out the false walls and ceiling.

No secret rooms or other hidden areas that I could find!

[ 04-30-2005, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: Mark Lensenmayer ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: