Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The "Magic" Search Machine SUCKS!

Author Topic: The "Magic" Search Machine SUCKS!
Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-27-2005 01:58 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I try to find a user by filling in the required info of a search for/by a user, I ALWAYS get some lame "not found" msg or a 404 "Action Cancelled" page!

Either delete that option, OR FIX IT!

Still looking for Cam Jones so I can write him about chat!

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-27-2005 03:45 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, this is the UBB. Please stop expecting exceptional functionality.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-27-2005 02:16 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The magic answer machine worked ok for me.

Member Status: Member
Member Number: 2684
Interests: Movies, Aviation, Computers

A handy tool to is google. In the search box type:
what you are looking for site:film-tech.com
and it will search only the film-tech.com site.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-27-2005 05:01 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I should clarify... I was refering to the "Member Search" function. All the other searches work great. For some reason 90% of the time the Member Search gives me a tug.

Joe, I actually like the Film-Tech highly modified UBB software and the looks of FT. I think it works as well as it does here because of all the modifications and re-writes to the original software. FT has some really talented software guys doing many behind-the-scenes improvements as well as the visible ones.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-27-2005 07:46 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's hilarious that it had to be rewritten just to have a third of the functionality that comes stock in other forum software. I'm not sure, but I think I recall that it had to be hard coded just to have avatars. The "you have participated in this thread" graphic was set up by Daryl and myself one night... soemthing that comes stock in vBulletin.

The Mod control panel in vBulletin kicks so much ass it is insane.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 04-28-2005 07:05 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to recall that one of the member searches (name or number) fails for member numbers in a certain range. So if the name search fails, try looking up their member number (find a recent post) and then searching by number.

--jhawk

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-28-2005 07:15 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm John, the point of using the member name search is so I ***DON'T*** have to look through umpteen thousands of posts looking for a particular member.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-28-2005 07:19 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you, Member #371! Quitcherbitchin!

Respectfully,
Member #1102

JUST KIDDING PHIL!!! [Razz]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-28-2005 07:24 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey #1102, I ain't bitchin', I'm telling it like it is...

>>> #371

[Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz] [beer]

Cam Jones
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2005 01:33 AM      Profile for Cam Jones   Email Cam Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cam Jones reporting! What do you need?

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 05-07-2005 01:49 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Cam... I found you and sent you a message thru the system...

Cam Jones
Film Handler

- posted 05-07-2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Cam Jones   Email Cam Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never got anything Phil. (No PM or Email) try sending me an email at 1digit@gmail.com

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-07-2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Phil, please start a new thread about your experiences with the Private Message system! [Razz]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: