Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Who here is in Michigan? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who here is in Michigan?
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-19-2005 04:51 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You guessed it, I will be in Michigan over the weekend of May 6-8th. If there is anyone who would like to show off their theater, please let me know ASAP. I would be able to head in a day early or stay a day later if I know in advance...so we are looking at a Thursday the 5th visit or a Sunday/Monday the 8-9th visit.

I need to know within the next few days before I book my plane tickets and rental car.

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2005 11:38 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

Depending on where your at...cause I'm up North. That Sunday would be cool though. Shoot me an Email and we can discuss it further

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-19-2005 06:38 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

I am in SAGINAW MI. You could come over and see the newly restored Temple Theatre and peek in on the Court Theatre, a neighborhod single screen inde. You might also stop in Birch Run and see the Cinema Hollywood 10 with their DLP and stadium seating.

Let me know your plans.

KEN

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-19-2005 10:33 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seem to remember there being a really great movie palace in Jackson. You may want to stop there for that one.....

Be careful around Detroit..... [evil] .

Mark

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-19-2005 10:49 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
What's so special about Detroit? Bunch of Film-Tech haters up there? [Razz]

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2005 01:51 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're going to Detroit, the ONLY cool place to park will be the Michigan Theatre!

Kenneth Wuepper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2005 03:38 PM      Profile for Kenneth Wuepper   Email Kenneth Wuepper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But if you want to hear the Michigan Wurlitzer you will have to travel to a residence in Wisconsin.

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-20-2005 05:12 PM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We all should find a place to meet one of those days

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-20-2005 08:17 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Brad Miller
What's so special about Detroit? Bunch of Film-Tech haters up there?
Brad, you obviously don't know what you're headed into [Eek!] . Watts is like Beverly Hills by comparison... It has an extremely HIGH crime rate! BE sure to go in an armored vehicle and have at least two body guards. Don't leave ANYTHING unattended in your armored car. Be sure to have locking lugnuts on all tires including the spare in the trunk. Detroit rates as my least favorite town in the world! Western Michigan and alot of the towns along Lake Michigan north of Benton Harbor kick butt though except for Benton Harbor... its a close relative of Detroit...... and former location of Heathkit when they were once a booming company and it was a safe town.

BTW, Holloweens in Detroit is more dangerous than downtown Bagdad during a car bombing. Alot of the town goes up in flames every year at that time...... Another type of "Shock And Awe" I suppose. But then I always thought Detroit was "Shock And Awe" normally.

While you're there be sure to visit the Urban Comnmunity Intervention To Prevent Arson Headquarters. PLease take lots of pictures of the burned out buildings all over the place for us to see....

Here is their web site.....
Urban Community Intervention to Prevent Halloween Arson

Mark

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-20-2005 08:24 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh com'on Mark! Detroit is a great place to be "from"...

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-20-2005 10:48 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree!!!! Ditto for the south side of Chicago!

Mark

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2005 11:47 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im in Houghton Lake, if you give me notice i'll be able to give you a tour of our theatre. Just email me if you want to see it. I'm about 45 miles East of Kurt's theatre.

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2005 11:20 AM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad:

You are welcome to stop in and check out my IMAX theatre in Lansing. Just let me know

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2005 03:20 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geezzz Mark, you make Detroit sound like Fresno... [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-24-2005 09:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jim Ziegler
Geezzz Mark, you make Detroit sound like Fresno...
I would vote Fresno as a much safer place to go to. Had a friend that lived there that repaired 35mm film cameras so have been there quite a few times.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: