Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Making it official...getting married, yeah, i'm in deep! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Making it official...getting married, yeah, i'm in deep!
Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-13-2005 08:26 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the topic says it all, I'm making it official in September. We've been married "common law" for sometime now. Somewhere between 2 long and 4 ever! [evil] And we even have 2 kids. But now were gonna get married through the church, and have the whole reception/dance thing. Yippee [beer] [beer] Since our lives are the movies, we met there and still both work at theaters, she works at the Cinemark we met at, and I work for the best theater in the world, we want to have a movie type theme for the reception. We have a company working on an invitation that's gonna be kind of like a movie ticket, but with a classic wedding invitation setup. Anyone have any ideas that would be good for this type of thing? One thing I wanted to do was the centerpiece for the main table was a mini-projection system, projecting a picture of the two of us onto a screen. It might sound corny to some, but we think its different. I'd hate to have people say, yeah we went to Jeremy's wedding, which was like every other wedding I've ever been to. We want different! Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

|  IP: Logged

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 04-13-2005 08:52 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WEDDING CAKE MADE OUT OF POPCORN!

Seriously. Make it like a big giant popcorn ball, but shape it like a big wedding cake. People can just pull off pieces.

That would RULE!

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-13-2005 09:12 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone must wear 3D glasses and they should be forced to clean after themselves at the reception. And throw popcorn instead of rice... the church should be poorly lit forcing everyone to use flashlights to blind anyone that walks down the aisle. MovieTunes should be played at the reception and as the bride walks down to the alter.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-13-2005 10:03 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, me and Anthony had a movie themed wedding because we both worked in theaters at the time. [Smile] It was fun!

What worked for us the best were our favors, we made our own music CD with all love songs from movies, including "our" song. It was a big hit. [thumbsup]

We also got married in September, I'm scared to ask what the date of yours is...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-13-2005 10:22 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You and your bride should get married standing on top of a Kinoton platter.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-13-2005 11:28 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Jeremy!

Let me know when/where it is and I will "Streak" wearing only Brad's loin cloth...on my head. [beer]

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2005 12:22 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, That means I have to buy you a drink this weekend. [beer]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-14-2005 12:37 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Jeremy! I guess that's one way of knowing you're not in the friend zone.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2005 12:42 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who's throwin the bachelor party? [Big Grin]

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2005 12:42 AM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why not have your wedding in a theatre? But if you do, have it in a real theatre, not a multi-plex. An old single screen house would be best for the proper atomsphere.

We will be having our 3rd wedding at my theatre this June. The first one several years ago was done with a Gone With The Wind theme. As we have a WurliTzer Theatre organ, it was used for the wedding music. The 2nd one last year started with a video presentation showing the couple growing up, meeting, and pictures from when they were dating. Then the screen went up and his band was on stage. The groom is the lead singer of the band. The one scheduled for this June will be using an orchestra in the pit.

There are all kinds of neat things that you could do having it in a theatre, but even if you don't do anything special, it'll have the theme just by being there.

What better way to have a movie theatre themed wedding then by having it in a theatre?

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 04-14-2005 07:09 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone!

quote:
WEDDING CAKE MADE OUT OF POPCORN!
That would definitely rule!

quote: Jennifer Pan
MovieTunes should be played at the reception and as the bride walks down to the alter.
[thumbsup]

quote: Rachel Gilardi
We also got married in September, I'm scared to ask what the date of yours is...
September 3rd.

quote: Brad Miller
Like the cost of some of this stuff isnt causing my head to spin enough, now you want us to stand on a platter?? [thumbsdown] [Wink]

quote: Richard C. Wolfe
Why not have your wedding in a theatre?
That's what we were thinking at first, but we only have multiplexes here, and it might be hard getting them to give up a show or two for a wedding. Good idea though.

Todd, I'll be waiting for that drink buddy..

P.S...everyone's invited...even Phil!

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 04-15-2005 03:10 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote: Brad Miller
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like the cost of some of this stuff isnt causing my head to spin enough, now you want us to stand on a platter??

Don't worry, the platters have very solid mounting arms, and the big bearings the discs are running on are the same as in German Leopard tank track bearings...It will take much more than you and your bride to damage these.

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-15-2005 11:59 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I got married at our theatre October 11, 2002. It was a fun experience, and really made it easier to set up because most things for a theatre can be used for a wedding also (sound system, stage, spot lights, lobby for dancing). I dont think it would have been as much fun any other way.
 -

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2005 07:55 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife would have croaked had I asked her to hold our wedding in the theatre.... LOL..

BTW,

CONGRATS Jeremey... [Smile]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 04-16-2005 10:12 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you Jeremy. We were going to hold it at the theater back when I had the theater, however those days are gone and time passed.

Marriage is a proposal not easily entered in to. It's amazing how a great relationship can easily be destroyed by a piece of paper that now says your wife can tear your financial life apart in court.

This is why I think you should be FORCED to be involved with them for at least two years, if not longer, so you can really get the feel for if your spouse to be is really just after your pocketbook, power, or whatever, or really really just loves you that much.

Jeremy, sounds like you got the latter, good for you, I know that I have done the same. Good for all of us who succeed in this.

Jeremy, just remember, once you have that paper in hand that legally binds you to her, remember hard now, that she is the boss and you cannot ever win. Once you accept that, life will be MUCH easier.

Ciao

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: