Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Anyone near Philadelphia?

Author Topic: Anyone near Philadelphia?
William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2005 04:05 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A group is trying to dismatle & salvage for display an Adams lighting board which is slated for removal from an historic theatre in the Philadelphia area.

They're don't seem to be very advanced in technical abilities, & are having trouble with how to get knobs off, etc. They'd like at least to save some of the panels, lenses, & probably smaller rheostat levers & switches. You can make a mess of these things: there are panels of sliding brass segments below & above the levers that can be easily trashed if someone tries to just gorilla the knob through.

They've got to remove the thing Thursday. Is anyone in the Philadelphia area that could bring some Allen wrenches, a big flat screwdriver & a small one, wire cutters, & a ratchet set on "loosen"? Obviously, it would just be just showing them how to get a couple of things apart, cutting wires (power is disconnected), & letting them pull it to pieces & haul out what they like.

-

It seems like Scott Norwood was looking for rheostats a year or so ago, & there are a few other theatres (primary film houses like the Tivoli in Downer's Grove) still using their original boards which may need parts someday.

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-13-2005 05:27 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I no longer need rheostats (that board sadly doesn't exist anymore), but I think that Bill and Gary at the Byrd Theatre might appreciate them, and I'm sure that other theatres might want them, too.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: