Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The Friend Zone Test (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Friend Zone Test
Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-09-2005 11:28 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who have nothing better to do...

The Friend Zone Test
By: Azrael
If there's one question that guys ask me more than anything else, it's "Am I in the Friend Zone with this girl?" Seriously. I hear it so much the words no longer have any meaning for me. So, I have decided to save myself the time, and a couple thousand dollars in aspirin, and devise this simple yet revolutionary Friend Zone Test. Take it, and calculate your scores at the end. It will tell you if you still have a chance with the girl you're lusting after, of if she already considers you "a really good friend." Bleh.

So sit down and takes notes because there will be a test later. ....Oh wait, this is the test. Ok, whatever then.

The Friend Zone Test

All answers are multiple choice. Pick one and only one answer, that best corresponds to your situation with the girl of your choice.

1. How often does she talk about other guys she might be interested in with you?
a. Never
b. Rarely
c. Sometimes
d. All the time

2. Does she often talk about her shortcomings/personal problems with you?
a. Never
b. Rarely
c. Occasionally
d. All you ever hear about

3. If you call her up, and find that she's had a bad day, do you...
a. Find a way to end the conversation quickly, and call back when she's in a better mood
b. Try to make her feel better over the phone
c. Offer to come to her place with a pint of ice cream and her favorite movie

4. How often do you talk about your personal issues with her?
a. Never
b. Rarely
c. Sometimes
d. All the time

5. How often do you see her?
a. Once a week
b. Every few days
c. Every other day
d. Usually every day

6. When she's fishing for compliments, do you...
a. Leave her hanging!
b. Give her one now and then
c. Give them to her, always

7. When was the last time you told her how smart/pretty/funny/great/etc she is?
a. Never
b. Maybe once or twice, not that often
c. Last time you talked to her

8. How physical are you with her?
a. As much as humanly possible
b. A hug here and there, maybe an arm around the shoulder
c. Not that much, you respect her personal space

9. Have you ever offered to do her a favor, that would inconvience you but really benefit her?
a. Are you kidding? Pfft, rarely, if ever!
b. Sometimes
c. All the time

10. As far as relationships go, you've told her that...
a. Not looking for a relationship at all; you haven't found anyone worth dating yet
b. Don't really care; whatever happens, happens
c. You're ready and looking for something serious; you'd be willing to give any girl a chance

Bonus Question: Has she ever told you that she's looking for a guy just like you, or that you'll make some girl a great boyfriend one day?

Test Results - Give yourself 2 points for every time you answered a; 4 points for every b; 8 points for c; 12 points for d; and an extra 15 points if you answered yes to the bonus.

100-75 - Yes indeedy, you are smack dab in the middle of the Friend Zone with this girl. You own The Zone. You're mayor of The Zone. You have no chance of getting together with her. Move on. Quickly.

75-51 - You're in The Zone. You don't own it as much...but you're still there. Sorry. The sooner you find another girl, the better for you.

50-36 - There's hope for you yet. You're not quite there, but you can be if you do nothing. Don't let the friendship go any further until you make your intentions clear to her. The Zone is avoidable, so long as you play your cards right.

35 and below - You are in a great position! Keep up what you're doing, and before long you can have this girl chasing after you! Just don't string her along for too long, or she'll lose interest.

|  IP: Logged

Chris Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 02:17 AM      Profile for Chris Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jen! That was strangely very accurate. [Eek!]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-10-2005 02:19 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, how did you score?

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 02:31 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what does 103 mean?

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-10-2005 02:43 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't even deserve to be her friend, she thinks your a psycho and you need lots of help.

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 02:49 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is there a fag hag test???

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-10-2005 03:01 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, you should find one so I can take it.

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 05:14 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
see above posted test...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-10-2005 05:18 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok here it goes.

1. D
2. D
3. D
4. D
5. D
6. D
7. D
8. D
9. D
10. D

How'd I do with the Letterman cheat sheet? [Big Grin]

Edwin Schwing
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 05:32 AM      Profile for Edwin Schwing   Email Edwin Schwing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad got a 120!

did you get the extra 15 points Brad?

E

P.S. You can't answer D to every question Brad...
Just ask Phil!

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-10-2005 12:16 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The friend zone test currently does not apply to me. I'm not currently chasing after any ladies that have put me in the friend zone. Usually when they try to do that I lose interest in them very quickly. I have two close female friends that I have known for years. One is married and the other is seriously involved. I don't have to worry about various friend zone abuses from either of them.

There is a variety of friend zone abuses. The most obvious is where a lady has a fellow performing all sorts of boyfriend style duties, including spending a good amount of money on entertainment, but with no intentions of him becoming a real boyfriend. I ditch such ladies very quickly. It's far better to be alone than be a fool.

Since there is no perfect man, some ladies will take a salad bar approach to make a composite of that perfect guy by using two, three or more guys for various duties. One guy is just there for the sex (do the job then get the hell out -lucky bastard). Others can be called to do favors, chores, etc. Then there's the unfortunate soul she'll call for "intellectual stimulation." He'll have to listen to her yammer on the phone about other guys she likes and crap like that. She'll use him for conversation at night clubs too, and effectively cock-block him from meeting other ladies while flitting around to find a guy she actually finds attractive.

Men and women can be friends with each other. But I always follow a number of rules when doing it. Really, the best thing for guys to do is hang out with other guy friends. Watch some sports, drink some beer, fart, play video games. Screw those shopping trips!

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 04-10-2005 12:50 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jennifer Pan
How often does she talk about other guys she might be interested in with you?
What, like for a threesome or something?
Does she often talk about her shortcomings/personal problems with you?
We ARE talking about women, aren't we?
If you call her up, and find that she's had a bad day, do you...
Disguise your voice and say, "Ees Dave dere?"
When she's fishing for compliments, do you...
Say, "Hurry up, the Yankees are on!"
When was the last time you told her how smart/pretty/funny/great/etc she is?
I try not to lie. Women appreciate honesty.
How physical are you with her?
Before or after the arrest?
Have you ever offered to do her a favor, that would inconvience you but really benefit her?
I show up.
As far as relationships go, you've told her that...
You're very lucky, I'm available.

Chris Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 02:20 PM      Profile for Chris Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I scored 62...definitely in the zone! [Mad]

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 04-10-2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim you so funny! [thumbsup]

Bobby, thanks for giving us the real reason why you're not taken yet. Single you shall be. I wouldn't put up with that BS either.

Kyle McEachern
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2005 04:52 PM      Profile for Kyle McEachern         Edit/Delete Post 
I make no statement about whether this is an accurate depiction of the world, but thought it'd make an interesting read for some of y'all, I personally found it pretty entertaining in a satirical way.

And so, without further ado, I present to you... Ladder Theory!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: