Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Har Mar pictures

Author Topic: Har Mar pictures
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-02-2005 09:36 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Har Mar Cinema is awesome. From the name, the chandeliers in the lobby, the ladies' room, to everything else, this place is now on my "must see" list. Now to find an excuse to visit. (seriously) Too bad the auditoria suck and are of the "bowling alley" variety.

That interlock control box is scary. There is one like that in one booth at the Chestnut Hill Cinema (similar-vintage GCC house; pics in the gallery) and I used it once (with no problems).

|  IP: Logged

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 04-02-2005 10:46 AM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For some reason those booth pics remind me of what it might be like working in a WW2-era submarine. [Eek!]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2005 01:22 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks great. Too bad they messed it up. Who the hell put that purple carpet in, it just doesn't fit.. that can't be original.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 04-02-2005 11:29 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Danny: Actually the carpet looks good with the rest of the decor... The lobby is THE only good thing about that place! I'm not impressed with the light chandeliers nor the "Ladies Room" with a sink in every hole. WTF cares?

And the whole theatre and booth looks like it sux big time! The outside looks like a converted Dominos Pizza place. I agree with David's WW2 sub comment! How boring!

It's sooo bad, it would be a good place for the FT Summer Gathering! [beer]

Paul Linfesty
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2005 11:34 PM      Profile for Paul Linfesty   Email Paul Linfesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this theatre an original GCC build? I'm wondering since they are using a "theatre" designation instead of "CINEMA" on the building's exterior.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 04-03-2005 01:53 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No -- it doesn't look like an original GCC build. That's an acquisition if ever I saw one. However it was a very GCC thing to do adding more screens in a different building.

It's a shame though that GCC went ahead and updated the original lobby to include the wood panelling and new snack bar. As much as I loved GCC and their standard generic-ness, I really would love to see pics of the original lobby.

But Scott, I do agree... I want to see that place before it closes. A setup like that is just begging to be built against.

Scott Madsen
Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2005 10:45 PM      Profile for Scott Madsen   Email Scott Madsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The mall right near Har Mar, Rosedale, is planning a new multiplex. AMC may build the new one, so I am guessing Har Mar would close. So you better make plans to visit in the next few years, it may be gone. (I think you have till at least end of 06 though)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: