Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Happy F***ing Easter

Author Topic: Happy F***ing Easter
Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 07:55 AM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope everyone had a better Easter than I did. I spent mine alone. Long story, wife took kids and moved back to Florida last week. It was a beautiful day here on Easter, so I decided to wash the Vette. After it was clean, I decided to take the tops off and drive around. When I was setting the first top down in the garage, the corner of it "barely" touched the concrete. It sounded like a shotgun blast as the whole top exploded in my hand.

I shoulda gone to church instead!

Then at night i was watching TV and in the middle of my movie, the set goes blank. The cable box freaked out. Started flashing #'s on the display. Not a big deal, because the cable company will replace, but I missed part of my movie bypassing the box!

Later,
Rick

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-28-2005 08:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You have a Chevette? Sweet!!! [thumbsup]

Sorry to hear about your bad day, but trust me, it could've been worse. Much, much worse! Perhaps we should let everyone present things that could have happened to you instead of what really did on this thread? [Big Grin]

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-28-2005 08:36 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could have gotten hit in the nuts playing football!! Wait, that happened to me. Nevermind.

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 10:19 AM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Jeremy. My sister lives in Corpus. (Her husband is in the Coast Guard) How 'bout hooking her up with some free movie passes?!

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 02:21 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could have been fudging around with the tv set when your phone rang and so you answered it and were talking on it while you were bypassing the cable box and then a bolt of lightning, freakishly, out of no where hit the cable box and zapped you, giving you super-human funk, and severe burns.
Then as you're laying on the floor smoking rabid dogs from the film Resident Evil come to life and leap through your living room window and...I think I got a little too far on that one.

Let's just say...Your car could've died twice coming out of the driveway as mine did yesterday.

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 06:38 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Fuentes
You could have gotten hit in the nuts playing football!! Wait, that happened to me. Nevermind.

Jeremy, I'd rather have the hit in the nuts, would've felt better than the hit in the wallet!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-28-2005 07:24 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Richard,
BUT.....You could have been stuck here in SLC fixing a Mega.....and with no drinking buddys either.... Now loosing that vette top wasn't so bad was it [Wink] .

Mark

P.S. Definately sorry about the wife and kids.... that is indeed a sad thing. Did she not like Omaha?.... Was it the Wood Men Building?

Christian Volpi
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2005 07:54 PM      Profile for Christian Volpi   Author's Homepage   Email Christian Volpi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Gulbrandsen
Wood Men Building
It's Woodman Tower.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-28-2005 08:28 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd really rather think of it as Jack's old office..... WoodMen is just a silly name weather its a tower or a one story building

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: