Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » I wonder why these things go wrong ?

Author Topic: I wonder why these things go wrong ?
Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 07:49 AM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why when a projector is miss threaded can a film successfull run the entire lenght balancing half on a roller and half off a roller when if you tried to run a show in this manner on purpose the film would simply fall off!

Why when a show is running to 3 people does it runs perfectly , but when the show is running to 200 people the film has a head wrap!

Why when a power failure happens , all the touches on hand have flat batteries!

Why when shifting prints around does the center fall out of the print that is due to be screened in the next 10 minutes.

Why is that when a a couple travel 100 miles from the next town to see a show the cinema program ad in the paper is showing the wrong times.

Why does the cinema run like clockwork all week and on my day off , everything decides to fail.

Why do platters throw prints on a blockbuster premier night , but do not on a ordinary screening.

Why does the projectionist splice the trailers on upside down to the movies that the cinema owners have come in to see?

Why does the airconditioning only fail during a peak period with record high temperatures !

Why is it when a film is two days late arriving at the cinema do we get a group booking for 200 for the opening night !

why is it when we start screening the wrong film in the wrong cinema do we have a distributor rep in that cinema!

Why is it when the popcorn machine is empty everone wants 2 large popcorns , but when the machine is full nobody buys any and it is throw away and the end of the night.

|  IP: Logged

Floyd Justin Newton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 08:03 AM      Profile for Floyd Justin Newton   Email Floyd Justin Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly because: SHIT HAPPENS!

Rich Granata
Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 08:28 AM      Profile for Rich Granata   Email Rich Granata   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear violins in the background...

j/k...funny stuff...You have quite a number of problems down there. I feel your pain on the A/C problem though. Its true.

Why is it the night you decide not to screen a print, you find out it has a defective reel right in time for opening night?

Why can't the floor staff find someone else to bother on their break?

Why is the floor sticky and littered with popcorn by projector #4?

[ 03-24-2005, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: Rich Granata ]

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-22-2005 09:04 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Murphy was a projectionist... and a theater tech. [Smile]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-22-2005 12:38 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder why, when I need a Phillips screwdriver all I can find are flat-blades; and when I need a flat-blade, all the screwdrivers are Phillips?

I wonder why nobody ever throws up on the linoleum -- only on the carpet? (or the seats)

I wonder why people think the aisles in movie theatres are soundproof?

Chase Hanson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 05:17 PM      Profile for Chase Hanson   Email Chase Hanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why does the airconditioning only fail during a peak period with record high temperatures !
I think that this one has less to do with Murphy's wacky legislation and more to do with prevenative maintence intervals (as opposed to Repairitive Maintence calls)

Phil Blake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-22-2005 09:20 PM      Profile for Phil Blake   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Blake   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
apologies for the teaser topic , but I am curious as to how many more shiy happend items we can ad to this list .

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2005 03:18 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crappy projectionists and unmaintained equipment come to mind.

I'd really like to know why my assistant feels the need to build up prints on my day off, not screen them, and/or not warn me about something wrong with it.

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2005 07:53 AM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is it that the Region Leader has to walk in when you are sitting down AFTER you cleaned every projector, and not during; then wonders why you are sitting down.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-24-2005 09:05 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a song writer once said:

"It's a wonder, to wonder, I wonder.... but I really don't want to know.

[ 03-25-2005, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Bob Maar ]

Wayne Keyser
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2005 03:04 AM      Profile for Wayne Keyser   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Keyser       Edit/Delete Post 
Like singer Keb Mo sez: "It's just God tryin' to get your attention."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: