Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Terri Schiavo case

Author Topic: Terri Schiavo case
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2005 07:28 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO POLITICAL BASHING PLEASE!

SO, what do you think about this situation?

I've only followed via radio and talk news. Haven't seen anything on the actual boob tube. Until I just saw a CNN clip of her sitting in a chair, blinking her eyes while someone, presumabmly a nurse, spoke to her and wiped her forehead.

I, myself, feel like the courts have no right in stepping in after 15 years and telling either member of this family what they must do. I'm a conservative by nature, and my stance on this case is rather liberalistic in nature.

I get beside myself when I hear all these people, most of whom have never been in a situation to where they have had to help make a decision of discontinuing life support, spout their opinion of what is right and what is wrong.

Let the family work it out. I had to see my father-in-law, before he was actually my father in law, lay in a bed, unresponsive, for a week after suffering a massive heart attack at age 52. This was the most difficult thing I've ever had to endure, by all means. However, when the time came, and all the efforts were exhausted, the family had to make the choice. I, myself, had heard him state time and again that he would not live as a 'vegetable' and that the plug must be pulled. Well, it sounds easy.. until it's that time. Ultimately, the decision was made to remove support and allow the decision to keep or take him to be made by God.

I look at the Schiavo case the same way. If she and her husband had talked baout what shoudl be done, regardless or whether or not it was in writing, then it shoudl be done. It should not have taken 15 years to do so, which is what puzzles me to a degree. If the video I saw just now was recent, it makes me think twice about having the feed tube/life support removed. It's a tought call to make, especially when we don't know ALL the facts.

I just think that the guv'ment has better things to occupy themselves with. Last minute appeals and attempted stays should not concern them.

Anyone?

Thread Closed because this subject has gotten heated and highly political on many other sites, and I fear that the same will happen here, even with the 'No Political Bashing' plea. Sorry.

[ 03-23-2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Aaron Sisemore ]

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: