Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What film are you looking forward too... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: What film are you looking forward too...
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 10:00 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know in this business we see alot of movies...but what film or films really stick out in your mind and you can't wait for them to come in and screen.

For me it has to be...

Sin City, Batman Begins, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

|  IP: Logged

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-14-2005 10:59 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sin City" is the one I want to see in the near term. I will be in Sin City (Las Vegas) on April 1 when it opens. Anyone have any recommendations for good movie theaters near the Vegas strip?

"Kingdom of Heaven" might be a pretty good epic (well, hopefully anyway).

"War of the Worlds" is certain to have some impressive visual effects eye candy. However, I'm being careful not to have expecations the Cruise/Spielberg collaboration will do any better than "Minority Report."

I'll see "Episode III," but I'm not wishing for its May 19 release date to hurry up and arrive.

"Batman Begins" may be pretty interesting -at least depending upon how Christoper Nolan handles it. At least he's shooting it in real anamorphic 'scope.

"Charlie and Chocolate Factory" could be a big hit, although I might consider it a sleeper hit if it does well. It could also wind up being boring as hell. We'll just see.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 11:05 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three words:
Wallace and Gromit

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ 03-15-2005, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Adam Wilbert ]

Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2005 11:58 PM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definately Sin City

I am a total comic book geek and I read all the issues back when they came out.This looks like a really good comic adaptation.Can't wait.

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 12:03 AM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sin City
Kingdom of Heaven

STAR WARS!!!!

(ok, shoot me now all you prequel haters).

AJG

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 12:34 AM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RENT

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-15-2005 12:37 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm anticipating THE LONGEST YARD, but I'm also dreading it because the 1974 original is one of my favorite movies. I'm hoping the new one doesn't suck too bad.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 03-15-2005 02:15 AM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hands down, the ONLY movie I'm looking forward to ... Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. And it's been a long time since I've anticipated a movie.

It's very true, the hype and anticipation over any movie, after one has been in the business long enough, just starts to disappear. It was the summer "blockbusters" that were the first off the list for me. You see so many disappointments after a year of waiting for them, and then you just don't care anymore about these "event" movies.

I think the last movie I looked forward to for more than a few months that didn't disappoint me was The Truman Show. After that, it was A Mighty Wind. Other than that, I don't think I gave a darn about any releases, at least not ones I knew about long enough beforehand.

Oh, and now that I just saw Adam's post ... I simply am obligated to anticipate Wallace and Gromit! Tell me it's true! It better be better than Chicken Run.

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-15-2005 02:45 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Studio Ghibli nut that I am, looking forward to:

Howl's Moving Castle, Miyazaki's latest, wide release by Disney in June

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Miyazaki's first, small art-house release by Disney this summer

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 04:39 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brian. It most certainly is true. October is a long wait though...
Check out the featurette at apple's quicktime site

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 03-15-2005 10:53 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty cool! Thanks. Okay, that's officially two movies I'm looking forward to ... H2G2 and W&G.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-15-2005 11:55 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please don't let Aeon Flux suck!
Hitchhikers
Batman

James Faber
Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2005 04:23 AM      Profile for James Faber   Author's Homepage   Email James Faber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sin City looks like it will be the best movie I've seen in a long while.

Kingdom of Heaven looks like it could be good, but I worry about historical inaccuracies that I can't handle I'm a big history nerd, ESPECIALLY about the Crusades.

Batman Begins could go either way, although I'm pretty sure Christian Bale will do a decent job.

Episode III - I don't want to, but I will.

Also, for all you gamers, did you know they're making a Metroid movie? Probably one of the worst ideas ever...

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-16-2005 11:41 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess I'll have to look into Sin City. Haven't seen any trailers for it yet.

Just caught a bit of Kung Fu Hustle at ShoWest last night. A buddy running the film side of the booth in the Paris Hotel 'Le Theatre des Arts' reports extremely good audience reactions to this one--lots of cheering and applause coming from the houses. This one looks like it may do well, despite being subtitled. A very fun film, probably a sleeper hit.

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-17-2005 03:34 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sin City.

Oh Paul, you are barely recognizable in your new picture. So the other picture I am looking forward to is Paul Mayer's next one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: