Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What is everyone favorite pizza place and what toppings do you like on your pizza? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: What is everyone favorite pizza place and what toppings do you like on your pizza?
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 12:57 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the first things that I tend to do when I move into a new area is to try to find the best local pizza place. Usually my searching turns out to be unsucessful and I end up just sticking to Hungry Howies which I consider the best of the different chains. I like my pizza to have a lot of crust (but not deep-dish) and my favorite toppings are pepperoni and pineapple but I also have to have some crushed red pepper on it too. I like the contrast of the spiciness of the pepper and the sweetness of the pineapple.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-10-2005 01:21 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pizza Hut, though I am flexible. I like extra pepperoni and extra cheese with a thick buttery crust (pan crust at Pizza Hut). I also like sausage but rarely get it anymore.

Why, are you going to buy me a pizza? Thanks!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-10-2005 01:52 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Raffallo's, a local mom & pop pizza place here in Hollywood is THEEEEE best EVER! But 2 Guys From Italy is almost as good! The hell with all those BIG chain places!

My favorite is pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, green peppers, onions, sliced tomatoes, fresh garlic, and fresh basil! Hubba Hubba! YUMMY!

quote: Joe Redifer
I also like sausage but rarely get it anymore.
Gosh Joe, I can help you with that... [evil]

[ 03-10-2005, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Phil Hill ]

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-10-2005 02:34 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But 2 Guys From Italy is almost as good!
Phil, why do you have to turn everything into an adult thread?

I like Pizza best the way it is in Italy: with a thin but crisp crust. In many pizza places there you don't get the big round, but normally long rectangular pizzas (pizze). They cut you smaller or bigger pieces, however much you want. I like it with artichokes, ham and olives, or spicy toppings and tons of garlic and onions. And also olives.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-10-2005 02:41 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Because he is Phil. Without the cracks, it just wouldn't be the same.

quote: Michael Schaffer
They cut you smaller or bigger pieces, however much you want.
That's just too easy! [Razz]

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 02:48 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best pizza I have ever had was at Pizzera Duo in Chicago.. Fargo's in Colorado Springs is alse pretty good. I'll have to check out 2 guys from Italy the next time I am in Hollywood.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-10-2005 02:53 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Michael Schaffer
Phil, why do you have to turn everything into an adult thread?
Hey Mike! While I do find Italians hhot, I ain't talking about my ex-lovers or something! It's a real pizza place...oh and a pizzeria chain that is in limited city places... JEEEEZE!

(BTW: YES! Artichoke hearts on a pizza are great too! 2 Guys do that!)

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-10-2005 03:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Phil Hill
Gosh Joe, I can help you with that... [evil]
Ah hell, I didn't even catch that as I wrote it... I'm surprised. Oh well you win this battle, but you have not won the wiseass war!

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-10-2005 03:25 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh PUHLEEEEZE Joe! After all these years we've known eachother and been friends, YOU think I could pass up THAT opportunity for a post to give you shit? HA!

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 03:53 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually get beaten over the head with a broom when I mention my favorite pizza, but here goes:

Chicago-style deep dish pizza with sausage, mushrooms, and anchovies. Yes folks, pizza for me tastes bland without that saltwater kick.

My favorite place was (may still be) Pizza Hut, because they made that very kind of pizza for me.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-10-2005 04:15 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my Wolff, I cannot imagine anyone wanting a pizza like that!

For me, the ONLY thing that should have anchovies on is a Caesar Salad!

You should go to Japan/Taiwan/Thailand and get what they think are pizzas. Yikes! Ask Paul the Prof or Richard in OK... Like me, I'm sure they have tasted the Asian versions of Pizza! HA!

When I was in Thailand, many of the entree's, and the pizza toppings were still alive when served. YUK! I PASSED on the food and just drank myself silly! HA!

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 05:31 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I prefer NY Pizza to Chicago style deep dish. My test for a really good NY style pizza is if you can eat it and enjoy it without any toppings - just a plain cheese pizza.

The best pizza I have had is usually some corner pizza place in NYC. In atlanta, I don't understand the appeal of Mellow Mushroom pizza. I hate that pizza. I do like Fellini's.

Chain pizzas, I used to like Pizza Hut in the 80s when it used to be pretty much a dine in place, but I can't stand it now.
PapaJohn's is something I like in infrequent doses with the extra garlic sauce - 4 or 5 times a year. I do need toppings however to enjoy Papa Johns pizzas(pepperoni or sausage). And when I take pepperoni, I like it when it is has a slight crispy and toasted quality.

It's funny, but I actually like the spinach pizza at CiCi's better than some more expensive restaurants' spinach pizzas.

In the California style places, I like sun dried tomatoes , chicken type pizzas.

Thomas Dieter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 07:31 AM      Profile for Thomas Dieter   Email Thomas Dieter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it all depends on where I'm at. If I'm in Washington, I like to go to Papa Murphey's as their pizzas are take and bake. I usually get the Chicago Style pizza which is 2 layers, or their alfrado chicken pizza. Here in Florida, Papa John's seems to have the best pizza, and I they have an awesome Spinich Alfrado (you can't even taste the spinich) and Cheese Pizza. But if I go out to dine, I like to eat at Pizza Hut as they are the only pizza chain that I know that carries Pepsi for their soft drinks, and the last Dominos that I ate at, I had a horrible experience with the out come of my pizza and the condition of the location.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 03-10-2005 11:42 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite pizza is...MINE. My own dough and sauce recipes, with Pepperoni, mushrooms, and black olives.

But if I don't make mine, we have a Godfather's around the corner, and a Papa John's up the other direction. That new Sicilian that Papa John's has right now is good. I love Godfather's original "Combo" and "Bacon Cheeseburger" pizzas, but don't care for them when doing a single topping.

Papa Murphy's is always good too. I probably spend more money there than the rest of the pizza joints combined.

If I'm in Portland, "Escape from New York" on NW 23rd is a mandatory stop.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-10-2005 11:48 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New York City has the best Pizza in this or any other country. You can all say what you want but if you havn't had one of John's Pizza in New York, well then you have just had a slice of a Pizza wannabe. [Big Grin]

Since I have never met Joe in person he he is just a figment of our collective imagination. Therfor he has never tasted PIZZA.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: