Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Film-Guard Ingestion (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Film-Guard Ingestion
Brent Neal Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 11:09 AM      Profile for Brent Neal Jones   Email Brent Neal Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...(cue roaring laughter now) Does anyone have any suggestions on WTF will possibly take this horrible taste out of my mouth if it ever happens again?!! I've tried everything and no success. For over two hours last night, everything I tied to eat tasted like F-G. I even tried Jalepenos! I figured they would counteract or clean the petroleum based stuff out of my mouth buit that didn't even work.

Brad if your reading, and coughing up blood between snorts of laughter, I have just one thing to say: In all of my years working on cars, tasting various fluids, I'd have to say this was the nastiest and hardest to get rid of. It tastes like ant and roach killer, the kind like you would use around the house.

Y'all be good... [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 01:30 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have always found that not drinking it will help keep the taste out of your mouth...

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-07-2005 02:04 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Working on cars and tasting various fluids?" What are you Brent, a glutton for punishment?

Brent Neal Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 02:13 PM      Profile for Brent Neal Jones   Email Brent Neal Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, just very hands on. [Smile]

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 03-07-2005 03:53 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes there is something you can get that horrible taste out of your mouth, but it is another horrible taste that isnt as bad, and easier to get rid of....

cocoa butter based lotion.

yep, it will eliminate any petroleum based odor or taste.

Don't ask me why I know, I just know.

Ciao mon.

Dave

Roger Manning Jr
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 05:04 PM      Profile for Roger Manning Jr   Email Roger Manning Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, the last time you talked about a bottle of Film-Guard it was up your ass. So, does your mouth taste like Film-Guard or [bs]

Roger

[ 03-07-2005, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Roger Manning Jr ]

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2005 06:56 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim has the best solution. After all the warning is on the label.

Try following the picture instructions that come with the kits. If you handle things in that manner, you won't have any FG on your hands.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 03-07-2005 09:38 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobobdy seems to have noticed this:

quote:

It tastes like ant and roach killer, the kind like you would use around the house.

(Boldface added.)

I'm mildy amused that Brent has somehow tasted FilmGuard but, what I find REALLY interesting is that he knows what ant and roach killer tastes like... [puke]

And... HE'S STILL ALIVE TO TELL ABOUT IT! [Eek!]

I bet he eats tree limbs for breakfast and shits out 2 X 4's by dinner time! [Big Grin]

You are ONE tough SOB, my friend!
[Wink]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 03-07-2005 11:29 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Private consultation with [bruce] is certainly in order for you my friend......

Mark

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 03-08-2005 12:12 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brent, I'm not saying you'll do this, I'm just posting this for piece of mind. Anyway, since you already know the taste of ant and roach killer, please don't bother to find out the real taste of SaniFlush. If Raid didn't kill you, I'm sure the SaniFlush would.

(corrected a typo)

[ 03-08-2005, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Bobby Henderson ]

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-08-2005 12:41 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and certainly don't drink any battery acid or gasoline, unless you're really curious. [puke]

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2005 02:41 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always wondered why that disclaimer was on the bottle...

quote:
Not for internal use

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2005 02:51 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smell & taste are the two chemical senses, & their function in perception is closely related. Taste is actuall limited, & about 80% to 90% of the information used when designating a "taste" is smell. Folks with disorders of olfaction are severely limited in their perceptions of taste, often with disastrous results. As people get older, their olfactory receptors are reduced (Don't they know their house smells funny? No.) & they're less discriminatory between tastes (Gramma's cooking tastes bad), & become less able to tell when food's gone bad.

What something smells like is most of the reference for what something tastes like; that's why you get "This chipped beef tastes like dead armodillo smells".

Still, many folks have disorders where they're compelled to eat odd things: hardware, etc. due to a psychological compulsion; other things like big chunks of salt or butter due to some actual nutirional deficiency due to an undiagnosed medical disorder. Since Brad has never revealed the ingredients of Film-Guard, there is too little information to hypothesize why Bruce & Brent are compelled to ingest it. Brent probably is compelled to drink ant & roach killer to control the effects of tapeworms, roundworms, & other parasites which may have colonized his intestines.

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2005 07:45 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm. FilmGuard...

In case anybody thinks I really did it, that IMAGE of me actually has the cap securely screwed on the bottle. Damn stuff is too expensive to drink!

I was cleaning the pride and joy of the collection a few days ago, and a single drop hit me square in the mouth. It stayed with me for about 6-8 hours. Yucch. I'd rather drink antifreeze.

Dean Kollet
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-08-2005 08:08 AM      Profile for Dean Kollet   Email Dean Kollet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to get the taste in my mouth after working with it, but I just learned to be reallyc careful....besides, like all other liquids, it's an acquired taste. The booth I went to has a bottle of '02 in their cellar, looks amazing. [beer]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: