Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Sleeping with the fan on (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Sleeping with the fan on
Timothy Ervin
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 01:29 AM      Profile for Timothy Ervin   Email Timothy Ervin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many of you sleep with a fan on, or know of somebody else who does? I personally do not but I know of a few people who do and I was just wondering what's up with that? [Confused]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 03-07-2005 01:34 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the summer here, my room gets warm enough that I must have a fan running. The noise is annoying but I can't sleep otherwise.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2005 02:10 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people I know sleep with a fan on because of the white noise it produces.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 02:17 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here in AZ, even with regular house A/C, a ceiling fan is a necessity during the summer.

Wolff King Morrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 02:31 AM      Profile for Wolff King Morrow   Author's Homepage   Email Wolff King Morrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do it for the noise. In fact, I find I almost cannot sleep at all if it is silent. A bad habit to get into because of that.

John Hegel
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 02:35 AM      Profile for John Hegel   Author's Homepage   Email John Hegel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In order for me to sleep I must have the TV on. If for whatever reason during the night I’m left without the noise of my TV I will wake up.

On a side note: if anyone ever sees the producers and or voice of the Nickelodeon’s show "Dora the Explorer" please hurt them from me. That show makes waking up to the Tela Tubbies seem pleasant.

James Faber
Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 04:01 AM      Profile for James Faber   Author's Homepage   Email James Faber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know plenty of people who need a fan on to get to bed, but not I. I need absolute silence. I guess I can't have white noise due to my paranoia issues. I want to be able to hear if someone is in the house, in which case I would employ any of the numerous weapons I keep in my room. I'm beginning to think I might have serious issues. I mean, is a crossbow REALLY necessary?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-07-2005 04:44 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That depends. How close do you live to Phil? [Eek!]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 06:27 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping with a fan turned on nearly ruined my relationship. I cant stand that noise.

Bought a 1962-era Vornado window fan on eBay. It is seeing duty in the living room as the producer of white noise. Roomie likes its noise. I have to close my bedroom door to block it out.

I want QUIET!

Roomie sleeps in the living room.

And now, our next post...

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-07-2005 09:13 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have slept with a fan on for at least the past 50 years. It doesn't matter how cold the temperature is outside, I need that cool breeze to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, I average two to three hours a night, max.

How many hours do other people sleep?

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 03-07-2005 09:28 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 if I'm lucky. Even less with the fan off.

Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 10:19 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sleep during the day.And only then with the casket lid closed.

Don't let the sunlight in. It burns! It burns!

Brent Neal Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-07-2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Brent Neal Jones   Email Brent Neal Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got ot have that fan. If are is not moving, I toss and turn and overheat. Then, I have a really bad day the next day. Also, I'm very choicy of the fans I buy. they have to be good, last forever and be repairable. they also have to be capable of moving an insane amount of air for their size.

Wal-Mart has a fan that does this for just over $12. It is called a Lakewood but I have the suspicion it's made by patton. It's just a ten inch personal fan, but it has perfect noise, quiet, and delivers a lot of air. Best of all, it's all metal!

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 03-07-2005 03:58 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also sleep with the fan on for the noise. I live in an apartment that sits on the corner of two rather busy streets. My apartment is the one on the end, and my room is... in the corner facing the street corner. So without the fan making a steady noise, it's easy to be awakened by a noisy truck, or squealing tires or whatever.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-07-2005 04:39 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fans? We're much more high-tech here...we have one of those "sound machines" that produces various types of noise. My wife introduced me to it to help us "cover up" each other's snoring. (She got the idea from her mom.) I've gotten to where I can't fall asleep without it. We prefer either "Waterfall" or "Rain."

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: