Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Man gets Fired from Miller for Drinking a Bud

Author Topic: Man gets Fired from Miller for Drinking a Bud
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2005 12:04 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
web page

RACINE, Wis. -- The battle of the beers took a new twist in Racine this week when a Miller beer distributor fired an employee whose picture was in the paper. He was drinking a Bud Light.

Competition between Miller Brewing and Budweiser has never been hotter, according to WISN-TV in Milwaukee.

Anheuser-Busch may have three times the market share of Miller, but Miller is the hometown brew.

"This is what happens when you drink a great beer," former C.J.W. employee Isac Aguero said.

Racine Journal Times
Last Saturday night in Racine at the Mardi Crawl on Main Street, a newspaper photographer asked a group of revelers to pose for a picture. The only problem was that a man holding a Bud Light worked for a Miller distributor.

"I was just having a good time," Aguero said.

Aguero said when he went to work on the day his picture hit the paper, the place was abuzz.

"When I came in, they said, 'You're in trouble for drinking Bud Light,'" Aguero said.

Then, his boss gave him the ax.

"I asked him to tell me the reason why I'm fired, and he was like, 'There's no reason. We just don't need you no more,'" Aguero said.

To Aguero, the reason was as clear as his picture in the Racine Journal Times.

Aguero's boss wasn't in, but off-camera, a C.J.W. employee would not discuss personnel issues, but said the company does not tell its workers what to drink.

C.J.W'.s employee handbook doesn't directly address drinking the competition.

"It's my choice of beer. Who can tell you what to drink or not to drink? What you like?" Aguero asked.

Aguero is supporting two young sons so he's on the job hunt, but he's trying to keep his sense of humor.

"I was actually thinking I was going to go apply at Anheuser-Busch," Aguero said.

To Aguero, the whole incident makes no sense.

"It's like saying you work at Pepsi and you get caught drinking a Coke, are you fired for that?" Aguero asked.

"I'm not sure. I mean, I guess so. I got fired for Bud Light," Aguero said.

Two years ago, a truck driver for Coca-Cola lost his job after he was spotted chugging a Pepsi.

For its part, Miller Brewing said its distributors are independent businesses with their own policies -- that Miller has no formal policy on this issue.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2005 04:17 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Odd...

Thankfully, my bosses don't can me for going to the Edwards every once in a while.. [Smile]

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 03-03-2005 06:18 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He should have said that he was just a loyal employee doing some 'market research' into the competition!

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2005 09:31 AM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miller Brewing is a bad word in the Olympia, Washington area. Two years ago they suddenly closed the Olympia Beer Brewery in Tumwater. It had been in business since 1895 and they threw nearly 1,000 people out of work. The building sits empty and dark now when I drive by.

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 03-04-2005 12:04 AM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
He deserved to be fired! Kudos to the employer for weeding out the stupid ass employee that has NO common sense nor any clue as to loyalty to his employer! What a dumbass.... Fuck him!

Yours in Christ...

>>> Phil

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 03-04-2005 04:07 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jim Ziegler
Thankfully, my bosses don't can me for going to the Edwards every once in a while..
Kinda funny when I heard of a small company's owner who used to "discourage' their employees in a somewhat severe manner, in attending a EDW's cinema that was in the same town as his theatres were in. Pretty sad when a owner shows insecurity like that to his employees.

Richard...it's called Politics, or a good case of 'conflicting interest' - it happens sometimes.

-Monte

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2005 05:15 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if I'll get fired for occasionally renting DVDs from the Video Americain up the street (I work at a Hollywood location)

Since I get free rentals from Hollywood, I usually don't rent from VA unless it's something obscure enough that Hollywood doesn't have it (or something mainstream that Hollywood, inexplicably, doesn't have on DVD, like "Jesus Christ Superstar")

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-06-2005 05:47 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, you will, if they see you. You have to make sure nobody recognizes you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: