Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Oscars - February 27 2005 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Oscars - February 27 2005
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-27-2005 07:54 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK The Oscars have not started yet, but I have a couple of predictions:

1 - Chris Rock will do some jokes about being black.
2 - The show will be boring.
3 - All of the movies nominated are boring (wait... that's not a prediction)
4 - Everybody will care "who" the stars are wearing. Well not me. Fashion sucks. I cannot think of a more retarded industry.
5 - The show will be boring.

I will tune in and watch until I get bored.

Hmmm.. they started an hour ago! Shows how much I follow the scene.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-27-2005 08:03 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'm already bored and tuning out. But in those few minutes I've been proven right on points #1, 2, 3, and 5!

Andrew Shingleton
Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2005 09:38 PM      Profile for Andrew Shingleton   Email Andrew Shingleton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The oscars website has pretty much proven point 4 as well.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-27-2005 09:38 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And the award goes to The Aviator......And the award goes to The Aviator.........and the award goes to The Aviator.......and the award gos to The Avia....oh wait The Incredibles.....

Oh and by the way Renee Zelwegger or what ever should have never been let out of the house without her make-up and her funked ass hair doo or poo.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-27-2005 09:48 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As John Pytlak can attest, Renee is incredibly ugly and smells. Does anyone have a picture of how awful she looked tonight? I missed it. But I want to join in the ridicule.

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 02-27-2005 10:08 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the "fish" look in this year?

-

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-27-2005 10:20 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I walked out of the room within the first few minutes specifically because of Chris Rock.

Chris Rock SUCKS!

My wife kept watching for a short time after I left but SHE finally turned it off and went to bed...

Because Chris Rock SUCKS!

Now, I've finished my work on the computer and I can go to bed. I guess I can thank him for making it possible for me to get to bed early tonight.

Because Chris Rock SUCKS!

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2005 10:37 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris Rock is actually a pretty funny and talented guy if you take the time to listen to a LOT of what he says...

I've always found him funny, altho he could be a bit funnier is he'd clean up his mouth...

And I guess I'm sort of biased because he's from this area... Georgetown, SC... about 40 minutes from my house, directly south.
He was at our sister theatre a few years ago at Thanksgiving watching a flick with his family. Why they were there and not at my place (much newer and closer) I'll never know.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-27-2005 10:40 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Chris Rock didn't go over very well. He puts together some hilarious material, but was "miscast" for this one. Not quite as bad as David Letterman's hosting job.

The show is still running as I post this, but I'll tell you what really really sucked: delivering a number of the "lesser" awards out in the audience or having the nominees of other "lesser" categories already on stage behind the presenter. Obviously this was meant to cut down on the walk-to-the-stage time. But it comes off condescending as hell. One of the few laughs I had was when Chris Rock busted on the practice, saying, "next year we'll be giving some of the awards in the parking lot."

Oh --another thing that, well, it didn't suck, but it seemed pretty strange anyway: the theme song for "The Terminator" was the theme for this year's Oscars. Wierd.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 02-27-2005 10:43 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love surprise endings.......Clint Eastwood and Million Dollar Baby.......I am just glad The Aviator stopped flying.......

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2005 10:50 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All done, and in only 3 hr and 10 minutes. No time wasters this year, and I'm glad for that.

No real surprises. A couple of awards especially pleased me: Brad Bird and the Incredibles and that wonderful song from Motorcycle Diaries. The performance of that by Antonio Banderas and Carlos Santana was surprisingly good.

Nothing weird in the dress department. Most people looked pretty good. But then, its hard for Charlize Theron or Halle Berry to look bad. Zellweger is a bit too "squinty" for my taste.

Chris Rock was OK. Nothing embarrassing, as I expected. I don't understand why Matt Drudge was so against him.

Most amazing thing was the Clint Eastwood's mother was there! Looked pretty good for 96!!!

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I worked, so I didn't get to see the awards. Then again, I don't feel like I missed much anyway.. [Smile]

I did hear that in several of the balcony shots, many seats were empty. I wonder why????

Coudl it be predictability? The sheer boredom of it all?

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2005 10:56 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gweneth Paltrow reenforced the ole cliche

"Wrap her in a flag and do her for GLORY!" [puke] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 02-27-2005 11:08 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?

I was told that Hillary Stank acted like a crack whore when she won just like Julia Roberts does when she wins... they can't shut the hell up. There was a reason she was cast in "Boys don't Cry" and a boxing movie, and that's because she looks like a man! I hope she dies in a car wreck. Also, was Sean Penn on drugs or was he having an "autistic moment"? He refused to look at the camera and looked like he was having a seizure. I hope he loses a nut to testicular cancer.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-27-2005 11:16 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I like Renee with the dark hair damnit! The makeup on the other hand...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: