Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » The "other" Brad Miller

Author Topic: The "other" Brad Miller
Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-19-2005 05:01 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all of you audiophiles out there, and I have to bring this topic up to what Brad has done for the motion picture industry:

Remember "MoFi" - Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs - the ones with the UHQR vinyl "Superdisk" pressings, the Master Recordings, the 24k CD's, et.al.?

Yet, did you know that this organization was created by another "Brad Miller?"

-Article in the MoFi site of his biography:

quote:
Brad Miller (1939-1998), was an acknowledged master of recording outdoor environmental and man-made machine sounds. He began his career by recording the sounds of steam engine railroad trains as a teenager during the 1950's, releasing LP's on his own Mobile Fidelity Records. In 1965, he founded the Mystic Moods Orchestra (a.k.a. Nature's Mystic Moods), which mixed the sounds of machines and/or the environment with orchestral music. In 1977, he founded the renowned audiophile label Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. He produced music projects through the companies Mobile Fidelity Productions and Mobile Fidelity International Productions. Brad Miller died September 9, 1998.
..A pict of label for the second Lp release from MoFi:

-

A pict of the "other" Brad Miller:

-

From one "Brad Miller" to our own Brad Miller: There is a parallelism here: For both have achieved in their ventures in sharing and serving the public - both amateur and professional - with products that serves the individuals to be successful in their related technicial and professional skills.

thx-Monte

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-19-2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually have a couple of the Mystic Moods LPs from the 1970s when they took on a quasi-Moody Blues type sound for awhile. Good stuff. I didn't know Brad Miller had passed on though.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: