Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Valentines Day (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Valentines Day
Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 02-14-2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well to all the filmtech ladies happy valentines day and hope your partner is treating you royally [beer]

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 02-14-2005 11:05 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[puke] another commercial holiday.....

JJ

Mike Olpin
Chop Chop!

- posted 02-14-2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Mike Olpin   Email Mike Olpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy singles awareness day!

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-14-2005 11:52 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was at work (at a college) today and I passed a girl student complaining to her girlfriend that she didn't get any Vallentines. Whine, whine, WHINE!... As she stood there by the doorway, smoking a "Misty" cigarette, drinking a "Diet Pepsi", chewing on a bag of "Doritos" like a cow while her frumpy ass was half hanging out of her unwashed sweatpants that she had slept in the night before.

She looked like a sack full of old doorknobs!

No matter how tactfully anybody would explain it to her, she'd never understand. I just smiled at her and kept on walking.

There are a lot of people out there who are just being "sour grapes".

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 02-14-2005 11:56 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I feel pretty indifferent about the holiday, especially with no girlfriend around currently. Just another day as far as I care.

For those whose feelings about Valentine's Day run to either extreme - love it or hate it - all I can ask is please be consistent about it. Don't let the current state of your love life color your opinion on the matter.

I've seen it happen a number of times in the past and I'm sure many of you have witnessed it. On one given Valentine's Day you'll have a friend or aquaintance griping like hell about how Valentine's Day is commercial or insensitive to lonely people. Another year that same friend is newly hooked up in a dazzling (and usually short term) relationship and finds Valentine's Day to be fabulous. Beware of platonic female friends in that state. They may want to "spread the love" by attempting to hook you up with the least attractive lady they know. Very creepy situation and often insulting to both people arranged in that date.

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 02-15-2005 12:50 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is never commercial if your with the one you love. [Smile]

Amen, to John's statement below.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-15-2005 01:11 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Flowers, a romantic card, a quiet night together... [Cool]

Dan Lyons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Dan Lyons   Email Dan Lyons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No cards, candy, or any of that stuff here! It was a good night. [sex]

Allison Parsons
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2005 04:47 PM      Profile for Allison Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Allison Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How I spent my Valentines day with my boyfriend:

Horror movies and pizza. [Smile]

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-15-2005 05:13 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my wife 3 Teddy Bears for Vallentine's Day. She's a Bear collector. I get her at least one Bear for every major holliday. Then we had a steak dinner at home and watched TV on the sofa with the Bears.

The thing that I don't understand is the sense of entitlement that some people have. That girl I told you about was talking almost as if the world OWED her a date for Vallentine's Day! I really wanted to tell her, "Hey, Missy! If you took a bath and changed once in a while, MAYBE you could have a boyfriend on Vallentine's Day!"

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-15-2005 05:38 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of yous are a bunch of non-romantic, jaded cold hearts!

Even I got 7 Valentines! Three from girls and 4 from guys. Ummmm, 6 of them here on Film-Tech. [thumbsup]

I agree with John, Ummm and then after the romantic stuff, I agree with Danny... [sex] [beer] [Big Grin]

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 02-15-2005 10:17 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a teddy bear with a chocolate rose. And I got him a sweatshirt that said, "I got game" with a video game controller underneath. IT WAS CUTE! No [sex] though. [Cool]

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2005 10:23 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Thursday is my only day off from work and school, my boyfriend and I are having Valentine's Day then. We're going to go see "Aliens of the Deep" at the Ft. Worth Museum of Science and History's Omni Theatre.
He goes up and gets us seats while I stare/drool at the booth until the helicopter ride starts [Razz] .

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2005 11:01 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a video tour of that booth on here if you have not already seen it.

Emma Tomiak
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2005 11:34 PM      Profile for Emma Tomiak   Author's Homepage   Email Emma Tomiak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've watched it a few times, it's great!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: