Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Are You on I-90 between Buffalo and Detroit?

Author Topic: Are You on I-90 between Buffalo and Detroit?
Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 04:34 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is your theatre somewhere near I-90 between Buffalo and Detroit? Brad Miller - yes THE Brad Miller - is taking that route. Would you like to meet the man behind the legend? Maybe even get some pictures of your place on this site? Well it can happen. It's simple. Just e-mail me and include your phone number, approximate location, and I'll give him a call on his cell phone so we can set something up. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-06-2005 07:53 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just tell him to be VERY careful around Detroit! Das a bad area man.....

Mark

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 02-06-2005 10:36 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad called my cell phone Sunday afternoon, but I was just on my way to our neighborhood Super Bowl party. Rochester is about 60 miles east of Buffalo anyway, so it's unlikely we could have linked up. I have a 6:05am flight to NYC Monday morning.

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 11:59 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be interested in meeting Brad. However I live south of I-90 about 40 minutes. But around here it takes 40 minutes to get anywhere. Let me know when he will be in the Cleveland area.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-07-2005 12:25 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My workplace is only about 3 miles off I-90.
Pennsylvania Exit #27. (Erie) PA Rt. 97 North.

If you can find the Erie International Airport (ERI) (AKA: "Tom Ridge Field") you'll be within hollering distance of my house. I live just yards from the end of runway 24.

Ring the cellular or e-mail any time! [Smile]

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2005 01:16 AM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,

Now tell the truth, you like to get liquored up [beer] and stand on the runway like in "Pushing Tin" don't you?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-07-2005 02:01 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, I stopped in your town! Ate at the Quaker Steak and Lube. Good stuff. Where were you?

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-07-2005 11:16 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shit! You were spittin' distance from TT-17 where I used to work. Just a few blocks down the street!

Just a couple exits past there is where you get off to go to Mercyhurst.

I was at home watching the Superbowl.

Did you eat the Atomic wings at Quaker Steak?
Notice the sign in the men's room that says to wash your hands BEFORE using the toilet? That's there because of my suggestion.
After you've had a couple-three beers, it's very easy to eat Atomic wings and forget to wash. Then, when you go to take a leak... YE-EE-OUCH!!! [Eek!]

I can pretty much sit right in my front yard and get liquored up to watch planes take off. However, I prefer to park the car at the threshold end of RW-24, just outside the fence then lay on the hood... Ala "Wayne's World".

The most fun are the C-130's when they make training flights in the summer. The RW-24 is only 6,500 ft long. The other end dumps off into a ravine. In order to take off with a full load they have to stand on the breaks and run the engines up to full power. It's even more fun when they're doing it with a green pilot who doesn't keep his engines in time and "beats" his props!

Joshua Waaland
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-07-2005 01:21 PM      Profile for Joshua Waaland   Email Joshua Waaland   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

We got a Quaker Steak and Lube here too. They have big biker nights in the summer. Hundreds of Harleys pull in the parking lot. Quaker's parking lot adjoins the Cinemark Valley View 24 screen. That is where the TI d-cinema projector is.

Jeffry L. Johnson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2005 12:34 PM      Profile for Jeffry L. Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeffry L. Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the Cinemark Valley View 24 area I prefer Hoggies.

I work at the Great Lakes Science Center OMNIMAX Theater. It's between the Cleveland Browns Stadium and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: