Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Aaron Sisemore is in SoCal.

Author Topic: Aaron Sisemore is in SoCal.
Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 02-04-2005 07:33 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron called me just now and asked that I post this on his behalf since he has no access to the internet whilst he is on the road.

Aaron is down in Orange County until Saturday, and realized at the last minute that he should have planned better and tried to contact a few people from the forum to see if maybe they wanted to meet up with him and get some grub and pass some time.

So if anybody down that way feels the desire, call Aaron and surprise him. And then make him buy you dinner.

[beer]

Aaron Sisemore's cell phone 707-364-0524.

|  IP: Logged

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 02-04-2005 10:46 PM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Jeez! Aaron's in California!

You all had better hide all your women and lock up all the booze!... Or... Is it LOCK UP the women and HIDE the booze?!

I can never keep them straight! [Big Grin]

Thomas King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2005 11:14 PM      Profile for Thomas King   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I can never keep them straight".

The women?

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 02-05-2005 12:31 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the post, Scott!

This is probably the only time I can get online (live from Dan Lyons' place, where I just bought a projector)

If anyone is interested in getting together with Kat and I tonight (Sat) for dinner, drinks, shop talk, etc. give me a call on my cell and we can figure out a place and time (I am thinking around 7-8 pm).

Hopefully I will hear from someone today!

Thanks!

-Aaron

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-05-2005 01:24 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That 70mm shorts program is on tonight at the Aero in Santa Monica. Just a thought...

Robbie Hidalgo
Film Handler

- posted 02-05-2005 09:14 PM      Profile for Robbie Hidalgo   Email Robbie Hidalgo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just spoke to Aaron...

...94th Aero Squadron at the Van Nuys Airport.

Sounds like Happy Hour to me...! [beer]

(It's on Raymer St. if anyone's in the neighborhood)

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-05-2005 09:31 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't been there in 10 years, but I assume it's still located on the east side of the Van Nuys airport on the dead-end part of Raymer St west of Woodley Av and south of Roscoe Blvd and the RR tracks?

I used to go there often and remember it well...but there certainly are much better places to go for dinner/drinkin'/clubbin' in The Valley and L.A. in general...

Robbie Hidalgo
Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2005 02:58 AM      Profile for Robbie Hidalgo   Email Robbie Hidalgo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, I totally agree Phil! And yes, it's still exactly where you mentioned.

When I spoke to Aaron this evening, he was already at Lassen & Sepulveda on a sightseeing drive. So I looked at the map and thought, Aero Squadron - only 3 miles away! Food still good, service a little sketchy, but the beer and the Gulfstream watching was great! Well, that and the raging Bar Mitzvah going on downstairs...!

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 02-07-2005 12:02 AM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite 94th Aero is in San Diego at Montgomery Field. You can taxi right up to the restaurant and enter from the ramp side. Can't do that at the Van Nuys location, which I thought was rather lame, hence I've never been in that one. [Roll Eyes]

At one time there were 94th Aeros at the Oxnard, Torrance, and Riverside airports too. All gone now or converted to other restaurants. Flew into all of them for the proverbial $100 hamburger--except for Van Nuys. [Cool]

Phil Hill
I love my cootie bug

- posted 02-07-2005 06:36 PM      Profile for Phil Hill   Email Phil Hill       Edit/Delete Post 
I was not impressed with any of the 94th Aero places. The Airtel Hotel at the Van Nuys airport has a great restaurant and lounge with free small plane tie downs and ramp entrance. Great runway views.

Also, Rocky's at Whiteman Airport in Pacoima (SE of the 118 & 5 on Osborne St) has a great patio (and burgers) with tie downs, ramp entrance, and great plane/runway views too. Plus they film a lot of movies there so you never know what you'll see.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: