Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Breakfast McGriddles - Does it get any yukkier than this? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Breakfast McGriddles - Does it get any yukkier than this?
Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-25-2005 05:13 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I know I should lose some weight, so I shouldn't go to fast food places in the first place. But sometimes when you work through the night and drive home when others go to work, you just need a little bite to restore some of your energy, so you pull into a drive-thru and look at the breakfast items on the menu. After the considerable language barrier between you and the Spanish-only-speaking guest service representation expert has been bridged and the order handed over, you drive off and sink your teeth into the McGriddle, sausage, bacon, cheese and egg - IN A SWEET SYRUPY-FLAVORED BUN?????
[Eek!] [puke]
Who comes up with stuff like that? Do some people actually like it?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Medley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 06:41 AM      Profile for Chris Medley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Medley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with you on this one...

A) it's just about the most unbalanced meal you can eat(other than Hardy's new 1600 calorie burger)

B) it just tastes like sickly sweet crap

Bill Enos
Film God

- posted 01-25-2005 07:15 AM      Profile for Bill Enos   Email Bill Enos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way too sweet for me, but they seem to sell a fair number of them. The McD logo branded on it must a point.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 01-25-2005 08:11 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried this once many months ago when they first came out with it. All I have to say is NASTY! There's something really wrong with that concoction.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 10:42 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried one of these when they first came out, too. The only way I can describe the taste is "the end of a normal breakfast" at a real restaurant or at home...

The end where the plate is covered with egg yolk, theres a part of a sausage link, a flick of bacon and a taste of a pancake left. Scoop everything up onto the fork, smother it in the yolk and you have the McGriddle flavour! [puke]

=TMP=

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 12:29 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm obviously in the minority - but these things kick ass.

Of course, I am partial to the maple syrup ... I won't eat anything other then pure maple on my pancakes or waffles.

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-25-2005 05:00 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I like syrup and honey too - but with EGG AND CHEESE? [Eek!]
At the same TIME?

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 05:25 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have stopped eating mcdonalds completely. The only thing that I could still eat from there are there pancakes. As for burgers, sorry, I would rather go to wendy's and get real meat on my sandwich.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 05:43 PM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first time I had one of these it was great as it was hot and freshly made. The second time I had one it tasted like it had been sitting there for a while and was only lukewarm and tasted bad. I dont eat this anymore with my new diet but I would describe it as ok.

John Lasher
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 05:52 PM      Profile for John Lasher   Author's Homepage   Email John Lasher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I worked across the parking lot from a McDs, I tried one of these. I liked it, but I am weird.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 06:44 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the few others here actually like them...not all the time but once in a while is ok...but you have to get it with NO cheese...Sorry but cheese on a pancake is a big NO NO in my book. If I'm going to eat breakfast anyway, I'm going to BK, or a Sonic if we had one here. Gotta love the Breakfast Burrito at Sonic...mmmmmm long do I wish for the days of warm Arizona Mornings and a hot Sonic Breakfast Burrito. Now its Cold ASS Michigan mornings and luke warm BK.

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 07:34 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The sausage-only McGriddle is OK considering its concept (a portable pancakes-and-sausage breakfast), but overpriced.

Cody Martin
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-25-2005 07:49 PM      Profile for Cody Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm definately for Hardee's bisquits and gravy. Maybe Because I work there...but man they are good.

Brian Michael Weidemann
Expert cat molester

- posted 01-25-2005 07:55 PM      Profile for Brian Michael Weidemann   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Michael Weidemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any problem with the taste so much. But the "bun" required more napkins than they usually, by default, supply you with. Aren't buns supposed to be dry? Too gooey for me.

Scott D. Neff
Theatre Dork

- posted 01-25-2005 09:20 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Scott D. Neff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is nothing wrong with the Bacon McGriddle.

Tasty - tasty - tasty.

I understand it is the least healthy thing you could possibly buy from McDonalds, but oh dear do they hit the spot at 6am while I'm driving to work.

I need to try Chick-fil-A breakfast... I'm never awake early enough to try them whenever I'm near a CFA that serves breakfast.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: