Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Moron is waiting at theatre for 22 weeks for Episode III (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Moron is waiting at theatre for 22 weeks for Episode III
Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 12:52 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy is nuts
forgot what site it was from...

--------------------------------------------------------

'I'm Having The Time Of My Life Out Here'

January 5, 2005

By Corwin Haeck

SEATTLE - Are you ready for Star Wars: Episode Three? Don't get excited just yet, the new movie doesn't open until May.

But for one Seattle fan, it's never too early, or too cold, to start the wait.

Jeff Twieden doesn't care that it's freezing outside. He's camping out in front of the Cinerama Theater in downtown Seattle, waiting for Episode Three to open. It's only 22 weeks away.

"I've got another sleeping bag coming, so that's sleeping bag number three," he says. "It's better to be too hot than too cold."

In 1999, Twieden made international headlines when he and another fan camped out for months in this same spot to see the first of George Lucas' prequel trilogy.

"A lot of people say 'Get a life,' stuff like that. But I'm having the time of my life out here."

Twieden thinks prequel episodes one and two were a mixed bag, but he can sum up the potential of Episode Three in one word.

"Vader, baby. Vader."

In the film, the villainous Darth Vader makes his first onscreen appearance in over 20 years.

"We all want to see Vader kick some ass," he says.

There's a potential problem in the long wait. Twieden isn't even sure Episode Three will play the Cinerama.

"That's the assumption I'm going on," he says. "If it isn't, I'll be more than happy to move to a different theater. It's really about the wait."

Rain or shine, through sleet or snow, the wait will last another 134 days.

"Star Wars is about independence and freedom," Twieden says. "And that's really what this wait is about. That complete and utter independence."

For More Information:

waitingforstarwars.blogspot.com

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 01-07-2005 01:39 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, you better think of where you found that article and post a link, or Mr/Ms. Mod will slap you up.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 02:06 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting 22 weeks for star wars? Isn't that enough to get you committed to the loony bin?

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 01-07-2005 03:22 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody needs to call his mom and tell her he's not at band camp all winter like he said.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 01-07-2005 04:59 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bizarrely, there seems to be a whole tribe of Star Bores loons. Just before I left the theatre business we showed the first of the new lot, and we even had people coming in (usually they were either teenage kids or middle-aged men - a worrying combination if you ask me!) asking if we were showing the trailer, and with what film. We considered sticking the trailer (of which we only had one print, that was delivered and had to be returned separately by recorded delivery) on the front of some real turkeys and advertising the fact, just to drum up business.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 07:45 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An Open Letter to the Star Wars "fan":

Dear Sir,

You are not a Jedi Knight. Luke Skywalker is not going to walk off of the screen to ask for your help in a light saber battle. You will never see a real Death Star and you will never meet Darth Vader for a latte at Starbucks. It is all fiction. It is just a movie. It's sole purpose is to make money, not to present the untimate truth. George Lucas does not care that you are out there and neither should anyone else.

You are an adult. An adult should be contributing something back to the universe, through work, charity or just making the world, in some small way, a better place. Your loitering does none of that. It is a waste of human time and I regret that you feel this is a worthwhile endeavor.

Your "quest" is no longer amusing. It is very sad...sad in that an adult has decided that sitting in the same place for 22 weeks is a noble cause. You say that this is about independence. With independence comes responsibility. Jedi Knights DO noble things. They don't sit back and watch the world go by.

Time will pass, as it always does. False excitement will build until the picture opens, then you will sit in a dark room with a few hundred people and then, you will leave. This movie will not change your life, nor make it better in any way...it is simply a trifling entertainment. It will amuse you for about 2 hours and then disgorge you into the lobby of life. The world will keep turning, life will go on, and you, sir, will be quickly forgotten.

Please, just go away.

Mark Lensenmayer

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 01-07-2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, what he said.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-07-2005 10:06 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Jeff Twieden thinks he's going to score with some hot chicks over this stunt. Yeah. I can just imagine the pickup line:

Twieden:
"hey babe, I waited outside a theater for 5 months so I could be first in line to see the next 'Star Wars' prequel. Aren't you impressed?"

Hot Chick:
"F**k off, geeky loser!"

Eric Hooper
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 11:12 AM      Profile for Eric Hooper   Email Eric Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's gonna be pissed when other people buy tickets on Fandango from the warm comfort of their own home, and then they let the Fandango line in first! LOL [Smile]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 12:35 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHAHA! What a dork. I have pictures of my theater back in 1999 when the line wraped around the building for two days. By three hours before advance tickets went on sale, the front met the back!!

This guy reminds me of a clip I saw of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog talking to people waiting outside the Ziegfeld for Episode II.

Watch it here: http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx

Be warned, it's about 10 minutes long but WORTH IT... [Big Grin]

....FOR ME TO POOP ON! [evil]

=TMP=

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-07-2005 12:58 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you dress up as a movie character and then go out in public like that to stand in line to see a movie, you'll probably wind up on some secret blacklist banning you from sex for at least a decade.

Maybe there might be an exception in the case of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." In that event, you might be getting laid right after the movie, or even right there in the movie theater!

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 01:21 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the Seattle Cinerama is a nice theater- I flew there from California to see 2 movies! This guy ought to just see whatever's playing there right now though instead of wait outside.

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 02:34 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This guy is definitely a moron!

Some of us don't have enough time to take care of everything that needs to be done for work, school, home, etc. And here is this guy waiting for five months to see a movie that probably won't be worth standing in line five minutes for. This has to be the worst case of misplaced priorities... [Roll Eyes]

Christopher Seo
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 02:56 PM      Profile for Christopher Seo   Email Christopher Seo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, was that guy waiting in 2002 also, for Ep II? If so, I met him and have his autograph (and the autograph of whoever else was waiting there).

It's actually a pretty sweet deal, a stunt like that. The day I visited the Seattle Cinerama back in January '02, a photographer from Der Spiegel was there to see them, and they mentioned a company giving them free highspeed Internet access.

Can't say I want to see Ep III that badly, though. Or at all.

Darren Crimmins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-07-2005 05:39 PM      Profile for Darren Crimmins   Email Darren Crimmins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This moron ought to just get a part time job at the theater if he is just going to sit out there. Make sure he is scheduled for that opening shift the day the movie opens, go in with all the other workers before the public gets in. When the movie starts, he can go in and watch it, and then afterwards, quit. The least he could do is make a little money instead of being a complete loser and sitting outside.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: