Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Three Movie Theater Employees Robbed At Gunpoint (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Three Movie Theater Employees Robbed At Gunpoint
Nate Lehrke
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2004 05:45 PM      Profile for Nate Lehrke   Email Nate Lehrke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: SOURCE

Lexington Police say a man armed with a silver handgun robbed three employees of the Lexington Green Movies 8 Theater Tuesday morning as they arrived for work.

Police say the suspect was in the theater when the first employee arrived at around 11:15 p.m. That employee was robbed, and then two others were robbed as they arrived seperately at the theater. The suspect took the three into a bathroom and told them to wait 30 minutes before calling police.

The suspect is described as a black male of medium complexion, mid 30’s, approximately 5’7”, heavyset, with bald to short hair, a mustache, and wearing a dark pinstripe suit (possibly gray or black). 

There are no details on what the suspect made off with. None of the employees were hurt in the incident.

LEX 18 will have more on this developing story tonight beginning at 5

|  IP: Logged

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-07-2004 06:39 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is just not cool!

Several years back here in Salt Lake, a theater manager was robbed at gunpoint of his deposit as he exited the theater.

He then instead of heading back in to call the police, instead he got into his ford bronco (i think it was that) and RAN OVER THE ROBBER!!!

THEN HE CALLED the police.

I do not remember if the manager was charged or not.

Ciao baby

Dave

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-07-2004 06:55 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran over the robber! I love it! [thumbsup]

Sam Johnson II
Film Handler

- posted 12-07-2004 11:34 PM      Profile for Sam Johnson II   Email Sam Johnson II   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

Since I work at a movie theater in Danville about approx. 40-50 minutes from this theater, this is a bit of a shock to me. It's odd that I wouldn't had heard of this earlier. And I can't help but wonder how the robber got inside the theater and was waiting. Though, I guess the only way I'd have to worry about being waited on inside was if we were already opened, and even then we have cameras and stuff.

I remember several months ago the Carmike in Danville was "robbed" when the general manager was walking the nightly deposit across the parking lot to the bank. I say "robbed" because it's general belief among the former employees there (including me, though I didn't work there at the time) that she stole it. Too many things sound fishy.

But this story I take much more seriously. Just hope it doesn't become a "string" of robberies or anything.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-08-2004 07:35 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He then instead of heading back in to call the police, instead he got into his ford bronco (i think it was that) and RAN OVER THE ROBBER!!!

I've heard this story around this area before. I wanna say it was either at a Trolly Theatre or a Cineplex. I can find out the exact story as I know a few people that worked with than manager. And no he didn't get charged with running him over even though it could have been a charge of "attempted homocide with a motor vehicle".

Mark

David Yauch
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-08-2004 11:58 PM      Profile for David Yauch   Email David Yauch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a Dunbar security worker killed at the AMC in Ahwatukee which isn't that far from my theatre. Some idiot in management somewhere decided that the best place for exchanging cash is in the box office. Maybe that works if you're dealing in tens and twenties, but not in thousands bud. There is a slight security issue... You will NEVER see more than a few hundred dollars moved inside our box office at a time if there is even a single customer in the building. And you wont see our armored security truck drivers fooling around in or near our box office either, 99% of our customers don't know when they are there or when they leave. The other 1% saw them drive into the parking lot.

Jarrod Cocker
Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 09:06 AM      Profile for Jarrod Cocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, just last week....

The Projectionist on Duty and Myself (manger shift) where punched in the head, after kicking a few teenage drunks out of 'Bad Santa'.

They had both snuck in, and where drinking in the cinema...

We all argued for about 5 minutes, i refused to give them there money back (remember, they had snuck in) - and one of them just said your f 'd and hit me once in the cheek, and then went and hit the projectionist twice in the jaw, and then did a barry pissbolt..

Yesterday, One of them was charged with assault

This has been a big wake up call to myself... Whilst being hit didnt hurt a great deal, the shock of the whole insident was quite scary... And im very carefull now about walking out and getting lunch in my work uniform... i dont want to be recongised by the offenders, or their friends..

Has anyone else had and situations that have got out of hand like this one?

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 12-09-2004 11:27 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just thank god no one was physicaly hurt mentally is a different story. I know one of the people that was held up. It's that time of year and now everyone is even on higher alert.

Jason Miller
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 11:54 AM      Profile for Jason Miller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jarrod Cocker
We all argued for about 5 minutes, i refused to give them there money back (remember, they had snuck in) - and one of them just said your f 'd and hit me once in the cheek, and then went and hit the projectionist twice in the jaw, and then did a barry pissbolt..

What is a Barry Pissbolt?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 12-09-2004 01:11 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that is when someone does a mad dash the hell out of there isn't it?

Ciao baby

dave

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2004 04:22 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too gathered the meaning, but wanted an explanation.

Cool expression though

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 12-09-2004 07:03 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You're just now playing Bad Santa?

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-09-2004 07:27 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully someone someplace is always playing "Bad Santa"!! Its hilarious if you take it for what it is......

Mark

Matthew Nock
Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 06:09 AM      Profile for Matthew Nock   Email Matthew Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

Yes "Bad Santa" is current in its third week (as at 10/12/04) here in Australia for cinemas that opened it Day/Date.

And Mark - yes... despite the excessive foul language, its actually quite a funny film - I have to say that i did a fair amount if giggling.

Do you want a sandwich?

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-10-2004 11:38 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was a few years ago when I saw on the news that the local Regal Waterford Lakes theater was "robbed"...

The burglars decided to rob the theater early in the morning, I think 6 or 7 am, and made it inside through an unlocked door that the janitors used. They tied up the janitorial staff and searched the theater for money, of which there wasn't any since the deposit was made the night before and everything else was in the safe.

I think they ended up stealing some candy, and were gone by the time the staff got there to find the janitors bound and gagged.

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: