Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Women repair manual (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Women repair manual
Dick Vaughan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2004 08:27 AM      Profile for Dick Vaughan   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Vaughan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seen in the Metro free paper today click here
quote:
Women repair manual

MEN ARE ALWAYS complaining that they do not understand women.
The big things for men are women, cars and football but not necessarily in that order

Well, they need despair no longer thanks to a new guide which will tell them everything they need to know about what makes women tick.

The tongue-in-cheek manual comes from Haynes, the publisher better known for its car maintenance guides.

Its Practical Guide To Women's Health For Men looks at women in a way men will understand - using motoring jargon to take them under the female bonnet.

There are diagrams, fault-finding charts and technical drawings explaining such subjects as breast cancer, the menopause and PMT.

Author Dr Ian Banks said the book - a follow-up to a similar guide for women about men - had a serious message.

He added: 'It is not patronising about women. We are trying to get men to look more seriously at women's health.

'The big things for men are women, cars and football but not necessarily in that order.

'They know an awful lot about cars and football but not a great deal about women.'

there's also an interesting snippet about mango groping !! [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 09-28-2004 10:51 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Men will only buy it if they figure it will aid them in meeting their Prime Directive via fake sincerity. I'm sure I need not explain what the prime directive is for many/most guys.

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2004 02:59 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course we do, steve.

quote: Prime Directive
As the right of each sentient species to live in accordance with its normal cultural evolution is considered sacred, no Star Fleet personnel may interfere with the healthy development of alien life and culture. Such interference includes the introduction of superior knowledge, strength, or technology to a world whose society is incapable of handling such advantages wisely. Star Fleet personnel may not violate this Prime Directive, even to save their lives and/or their ship unless they are acting to right an earlier violation or an accidental contamination of said culture. This directive takes precedence over any and all other considerations, and carries with it the highest moral
obligation.

Ron Yost
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2004 04:43 PM      Profile for Ron Yost   Email Ron Yost   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing our current leaders weren't big Star Trek fans. [Big Grin] [evil]

Ron Yost

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2004 07:07 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now I am surprised that one slipped thru.

Live long & prosper.

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2004 12:23 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The tongue-in-cheek manual comes from Haynes, the publisher better known for its car maintenance guides.
Then it probably has a lubrication chart, & a diagram with lifting points & a picture of the proper way to attach a hoist & analyze emissions.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 09-29-2004 12:39 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these manuals based on a "Complete tear-down and rebuild" like the original Haynes manuals are?

I'd like to know how that was accomplished.

Did she run like she used to before she was rebuilt? [Big Grin]

Brent Neal Jones
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2004 03:07 AM      Profile for Brent Neal Jones   Email Brent Neal Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know thought I had a pretty good idea for a post, but the last few just seemed to cover it.

Warp speed, and don't drive like my brother!

William Hooper
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2004 01:14 AM      Profile for William Hooper   Author's Homepage   Email William Hooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You leave all this room for Will Kutler or Steve Kraus to make some mention of checking & adjusting the headlights, & nothing happens.

Tommie Evans
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-30-2004 07:40 AM      Profile for Tommie Evans   Email Tommie Evans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why do they name hurricanes after women...

Cos they come in wet and wild, and leave with your house and garage. [Big Grin]

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2004 03:42 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, they need despair no longer thanks to a new guide which will tell them everything they need to know about what makes women tick.
My girlfriend has had some knock and ping for quite awhile... [Razz]

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 10-02-2004 04:09 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No thanks; I'll leave the headlight jokes to others.

I actually thought someone was going to point out that my taking my fellow males to task for false sincerity was nothing more than a very shrewd example of that very same thing. But no one caught that; too wrapped up in the Star Trek analogy I guess. Sometimes I'm just too obtuse.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-03-2004 09:26 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha... you don't fix them at all.. you simply trade them in on a model with less milage.. [Smile]

Takes a lot of 'tire-kicking' but eventually you find up with a model that meets your needs.. [Smile]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-04-2004 12:08 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, your post reminds me of one of Dwayne's great arguments FOR premarital sex. Is Dwayne still alive, BTW?

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2004 09:39 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe,

Premarital sex is great... it's the PostMarital sex that blows..

Something about wedding cake quickly diminishes a womans desire to have sex.. mulitple times.. daily... anywhere.. LOL..

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: