Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » What game show would you be on? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What game show would you be on?
Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 08-31-2004 09:30 PM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always thought it would be extremely easy to win on Wheel of Fortune. The wheel is probably rigged but I think I'd still win a lot of money. The Amazing Race looks fun, but if you categorized reality shows like Fear Factor as a game show I would not want to be apart of that. [puke]

What game show would you excel in or would have fun being on?

|  IP: Logged

Jeremy Fuentes
Mmmm, Dr. Pepper!

- posted 08-31-2004 09:55 PM      Profile for Jeremy Fuentes   Email Jeremy Fuentes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I could be on a game show, I would be on Jeopardy because those questions are childs play. [Wink] Either that or The Price is Right.

James B. Openshaw
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-31-2004 10:48 PM      Profile for James B. Openshaw   Author's Homepage   Email James B. Openshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd have to choose the classic Press Your Luck, whether the board was programmed randomly or in a sequence; but since we're talking current game shows, I'd go with The Price is Right, particularly Plinko. [thumbsup]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 09-01-2004 12:01 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being a game show contestant is NOT as easy as it looks.

I was a contestant in 1990 on an obscure MTV game show called "Turn It Up," which aired only one season (I think). It was a music trivia show patterned quite a bit after Jeopardy but also with elements of Name That Tune and other stuff.

I'm quite a trivia hound, but all that useless knowledge in one's head is kind of hard to conjure up when you have a 5000 watt Moll-Richardson spotlight aimed at your face. Add to that the cameras, the set, the hustle-in and hustle-out nature of live TV (not to mention a noisy audience) and it will make you feel almost like you've smoked a joint. You'll be loopy.

FWIW, I did pretty well on the show. But I missed the last of a four part grand prize round. That sucker was tough. I don't think I saw anyone win it. Maybe that's why the show didn't last as long as Remote Control.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-01-2004 02:19 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to be on Wheel of Fortune so I could say "Would you people please STOP YELLING!" to the other contestants. I swear, those people must think there are no such things as microphones.

I would like to be on Price Is Right but NOT to play Plinko. That game is the biggest ripoff of all time...."You could win up to FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!!" but they usually walk off with about $2000 or less.

I would never want to be on any game show associated with MTV. The camera waving all around and teetering back and forth in front of me would break my concentration, and the "hosts" they have on their shows are annoying beyond belief.

If I could pick any game show in history to be on, I would pick the Gene Rayburn version of The Match Game from the mid 70s. That show was a lot of fun to watch, and not taken too seriously by anyone, not even the players or the host.

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 02:32 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to be on MAtthew Baileys Film Tech version of Press Your Luck. [Smile]

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 09-01-2004 02:37 AM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would that set be built out of Legos?

Mike Heenan
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 03:00 AM      Profile for Mike Heenan   Email Mike Heenan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most definitely!

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 09:27 AM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would do Fear Factor.

The only thing I would chicken out of on that show is anything dealing with bees.

I would love to do Wheel of Fortune. My mom and I are GREAT at getting answers on it.

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 10:51 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing Race is the only reality show I would do. I don't like gross food challenges. When my picture comes up, you will know why I wouldn't chicken out of that shaving assignment that was featured last night. It doesn't rely fully on annoying alliances which make backstabbing too prevalent in shows like Survivor. Merit is rewarded more in Amazing Race. Merit is rewarded in dfear Factor, but I wouldnt do any of those food challenges. If you look at the leaders, regardless of how obnoxious Colin could be, you can't say they don't deserve to win. I do hope Chip and Kim win.

Amazing Race is edited and filmed in a way that could give pointers to people who made movies like Bourne Supremacy. Hard to believe Jerry Bruck. is in charge of this entertaining show.

I wanted to like Ultimate Film Fanatic, but I found it lame. Questions had an arbitrary level of difficulty. The unlucky guy would get a really out of left field useless question after both contestants get peppered with way too easy questions. Most were bad at debates.

And I didn't like the obsessive souvenir section. once, i would have liked to see a contestant not having some geeky book or toy as their show and tell, but whip out a used condom and say that was the condom they used to bone a certain actress. Hey, they could even lie and just use some ex sitcom down on her luck actress name to make it credible. That would get my vote.

Jeff Stuckey
Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 11:07 AM      Profile for Jeff Stuckey   Email Jeff Stuckey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" and "The Price Is Right".

I figure I could at least walk out with $32k on 'Millionaire', and 'Price' has to be the easiest game on television. If you are going to be in their audience, watch it religiously for about 2 months prior. Make a list of all the products you see and their prices, then commit them to memory. They don't seem to refresh products too often, so you would be in the money, or in the couch, or in the grandfather clock. Heck, I just want to spin the big wheel.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 01:07 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up for "The Apprentice". But I couldn't make the trip to California for the auditions (this is when I lived in Vegas).

I would prefer something a little more 'low-key' and nostalgic like 'Price is Right".

If it was a trivia show - like 'Jeopardy' I would hope there would be some good movie catagories I could breeze through.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2004 01:08 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Double post!

Alex, "Motion Picture Projectors of the 21st century please for a $1000."

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 09-01-2004 01:18 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely my favorite would be the classic "Match Game", Brett Sommers and Charles Nelson Reilley were quite a pair. And it seemed like every other answer was "boobs" or "bra"! And Richard Dawson was always good for a laugh and the right answers.

"Price Is Right", well I've been to a few of those, fun it was. But Bob Barker is now so full of himself (and the models he's [sex] ) that he's become downright rude to the contestants. Watch closely and you'll see what I mean.

The new "Whammy" (update of "Press Your Luck") is totally lame!! Too much clutter and not enough of the game!

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 09-01-2004 03:12 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Richard Dawson come after Gene Rayburn on "Match Game?" I don't remember ever seeing him.

My all time favorite gameshow host was Bill Cullen. He and Art Fleming (the original Jeopardy guy) are hard to top.

I enjoy Jeopardy, but Alex Trebek drives me nuts the way he keeps referring to the answers as "clues" and the contestants' questions as "responses." They're ANSWERS and QUESTIONS, Alex! Watch some old Art Fleming videotape and wake up, dude!

[ 09-02-2004, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Mike Blakesley ]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: