Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Teens Kill Puppies With Fireworks in Tulsa

Author Topic: Teens Kill Puppies With Fireworks in Tulsa
Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-06-2004 08:50 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully they'll catch these kids and light off fireworks in their mouths..... Link to the article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5331549/

Teens sought after puppies killed by fireworks
Attacks also injured another dog in Oklahoma town

James Gibbard / Tulsa World
The Associated Press
Updated: 7:08 p.m. ET July 8, 2004TULSA, Okla. - Six puppies were killed, apparently by fireworks placed in their mouths, shortly after teenage boys were seen carrying Roman candles in a north Tulsa neighborhood.

Animal control officers said they were following leads Tuesday but had no suspects in Sunday night’s attacks, during which one person told police they heard a puppy yelp.

An older dog, a 4˝-month-old black Labrador mix, suffered burns on her muzzle and hindquarters from apparently being used as a moving target for fireworks.

The Tulsa Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was caring for the injured dog and for the puppies’ mother, a 1˝-year-old black-and-tan heeler mix that was not harmed.

The injured dog had begun to eat and was expected to survive, said Laurie Mayes, executive director of the Tulsa SPCA.

The SPCA believes the puppies died from fireworks that exploded in their mouths.

A woman, Tonya Curry, 27, found all the dogs Monday among the remains of fireworks inside a vacant house and took the two survivors to the SPCA. When an animal control officer arrived later, the dead puppies were gone.

“Somebody probably went to clean up their mess so they wouldn’t get in trouble,” Officer Charity Curtis said.

The SPCA has raised about $1,000 and other organizations were undertaking similar efforts to reward people who provide information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible, officials said.

© 2004 The Associated Press.

|  IP: Logged

Kyle Watkins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 09:32 PM      Profile for Kyle Watkins   Email Kyle Watkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the F**K is wrong with people. Cant not stand to see this crap.

Rachel Craven
Madam Moderator

- posted 08-06-2004 09:36 PM      Profile for Rachel Craven   Email Rachel Craven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is just wrong.

Ken Layton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2004 11:02 PM      Profile for Ken Layton   Email Ken Layton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago the same thing happened in the Seattle area. All the local tv stations covered it. Someone lit an M-80 firecracker and threw it into a horse pasture. The horse picked the lit M-80 up in it's mouth right away. The M-80 exploded in the horse's mouth and actually blew some of it's teeth out through the side of it's head in aditional to cracking it's jaw. The is going to survive and they still have not found the culprits.

This was a horribly cruel thing to do to an animal the person(s) responisble ought to be shot!

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2004 01:26 AM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They shgould make the f*kers slide down gaint rusty razor blades into buckets of alcohol... before lighting a match and tossing it in the bucket...

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 08-07-2004 01:50 AM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a perfect place to stick firecrackers in those kid's bodies....but this is a family site so I'll leave it to one's imagination.

The kid's parents (if any) should suffer the same fate!!

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-07-2004 03:48 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey  - ,

Can you tell me what Film-Tech policy this thread violates? Also, can ya please fix it? Thanks! [Smile]

James B. Openshaw
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2004 07:53 AM      Profile for James B. Openshaw   Author's Homepage   Email James B. Openshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's crap like this that really infuriates me. What makes me angrier is that even if they're caught and do go to a Juvenile Detention Center, they'll get out at 18. What a wonderful judicial system. [Mad]

[ 08-07-2004, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: James B. Openshaw ]

Bruce McGee
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2004 08:02 AM      Profile for Bruce McGee   Email Bruce McGee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We should do lab experiments on these deviates to find out what happened that made them do this. Totally cruel and disgusting.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-07-2004 08:16 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could it be the title? The place I stuck the link? Gee no ones ever complained about how I posed a news article before... The only think I can thnk of Joe is that it might be the might be the articles content which is throughly disgusting. We ought to send these guys after those kids... let them be lured in ya know......
 -

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 08-07-2004 10:50 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is actually a perverted "macho" segment of society that seems to believe cruelty to animals is okay. Frankly, I don't think animal cruelty laws are harsh enough against offenders.

The little bastards near Tulsa who killed those puppies very much deserve to be charged as adults, given felony convictions for what they did and be placed on a public registry. This may sound like extreme punishment, but please keep in mind this fact. Nearly all serial killers and perpetrators of other vicious murders of people get their start by torturing and killing animals for fun. The public has a right to be protected from such sociopaths.

Anyone who thinks it is okay to do twisted things to animals should seek psychiatric help immediately.

About the f**kheads who let a horse eat an M-80, I'd like to see them try that shit to my parents' horses. They'll get their vehicle riddled with gunfire in response. That's how bad it would piss off me or my father. There's plenty of other folks in that neighborhood who would do the same thing.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 08-08-2004 01:12 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey ,Can you tell me what Film-Tech policy this thread violates? Also, can ya please fix it? Thanks!

Starting threads about a subject/story already covered in another thread? (Story dated 7/8)

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2004 01:43 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a video re-enactment of the tragedy that occured:

http://catbastard.members.easyspace.com/dogfirework.wmv

=TMP=

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: