Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film-Yak   » Goodrich Quality Theaters (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Goodrich Quality Theaters
Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2004 09:08 AM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone else here work for Goodrich Quality Theaters? I work for Hastings 4.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-03-2004 05:43 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have heard of that chain. I keep thinking they sell tires.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-03-2004 07:07 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Chicago and visited freinds near Grand Rapids and have been to a couple of them in Michigan. I always found myself wondering when the "Quality" was going to come into play.......

Mark

Jason M Miller
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2004 12:06 AM      Profile for Jason M Miller   Email Jason M Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAHA...Yeah, we might have tires, I will have to ask my manager.

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2005 12:32 AM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to work for Goodrich. I managed theaters near Chicago.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-06-2005 12:39 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason as you know I work for Goodrich, as an MIT/Booth Supervisor at the Cadillac 5

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-06-2005 12:45 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wife is from the SE corner of KS (Pittsburg), and GQT has an 8 plex there. Used to be a 4 then they added the other 4 down the hall. Auditorums in the standard sloped design. GQT built a 14 in Joplin, Mo. in place of the 5 screener in Southpark Mall on Rangeline.

Quality... ??? What's that, when I went there a few times...

Using opaque tape for starters (they don't know what clear tape is - even using opaque in film breaks), sloppy trailer placement (they had X-90s with PR1050's, et.al.) crappy, crappy sound that would fuzz on loud passages (optical playback), screens place off center with the centerline of the auditorium, bulbs with wandering, flickering light, staff personnel that has an attitude of "leave me the frick alone.." and the manager, who if one makes mention that you work for a circuit, snubs you off as if you've got the plague - what a jerk he was - and I was only trying to introduce myself.

Somebody wasn't on the same page...

I've noticed tha GQTI got out of this part of the market and sold these two towns back to Dickinson Theatres, whom were the original owners of the Meadowbrook mall and the Joplin mall 5 plex.

In a nutshell, wasn't too impressive with GQTI operations...

-Monte

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-07-2005 12:31 AM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody at Goodrich say "hi" to Marty Betz and Ron Rudy for me!

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-07-2005 05:49 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to see plenty of films at the GQT Savoy 14 in Savoy, IL when I lived in Urbana-Champaign. It was in the process of becoming a 16-plex when I moved. Never worked there though. Presentation was generally fine.

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 07-07-2005 05:50 AM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron Rudy retires this week. I may be off a little but I sure it is within a week or two. (62 years old and not in good shape physically)

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-07-2005 08:05 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an update on Ron Rudy, He indeed does retire with in the next couple weeks...He's a great Tech and a good guy. His health has gone down but he is still out there servicing the equipment the best he can. I've learned a lot from Ron in the two years I've gotten to work with him. Tim I will pass it along for you.

Tim Reed
Better Projection Pays

- posted 07-07-2005 01:45 PM      Profile for Tim Reed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Kurt! [Smile] Yes, he is very knowledgeable and genuinely modest, too. I didn't know he was ill, I'm sorry to hear that. Please give him my very best. Ron is a sterling man, just wonderful. I've known him since 1978, and my family really fell in love with him when he took over a territory from me several years ago (Goodrich as a matter of fact.) He is one of the best.

Please invite him to check in here from time to time, too.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-08-2005 08:01 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just an update for everyone...Yesterday was Ron Rudys last day with GQTI. Tim, Ron said Hello and had nothing but great things to say about you and your family.

Charles Phillips
Film Handler

- posted 07-11-2005 06:42 PM      Profile for Charles Phillips   Email Charles Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I work at the Quality 16 In Ann Arbor, MI. Always wondered if anyone from Goodrich actually registered here, everyone I talk to only seems to only visit...

Jason, know a kid by the name of Rory Woldring?

[ 07-15-2005, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Charles Phillips ]

Shane Cooper
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-12-2005 12:50 AM      Profile for Shane Cooper   Email Shane Cooper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Who is the new GM at the Quality 16 after Heath was promoted?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: